NEA Postdoctoral Scholar Research Associate
The USC Dana and David Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences is seeking a 2023 – 2024 ERI Equity Data Postdoctoral Scholar in the Equity Research Institute. The largest and oldest of the USC schools, USC Dornsife functions as the academic core of the university, offering courses and advancing knowledge across the humanities, social sciences and natural sciences.
The USC Equity Research Institute (ERI) is a research unit headed by Professor Manuel Pastor and situated within the USC Dornsife College of Letters, Arts & Sciences. Founded in 2007, ERI provides forward-looking, actionable research to support community-based organizations, funders, and other stakeholders working towards social, racial, economic, and environmental justice. ERI produces data-driven analysis and rigorous research to inform movements and policy; leads convenings and communications that deepen and broaden our reach into key audiences; engages in strategic collaborations that leverage our strengths for broader impact; and models an effective, sustainable, and racially-just research center. For more information about us and our projects, visit: https://dornsife.usc.edu/ERI
This postdoctoral position is funded in partnership with PolicyLink, by the Gates Foundation to build on our work together to produce the National Equity Atlas , a unique online resource to track, measure, and make the case that equity is both a moral imperative and the key to economic prosperity. We provide equity advocates, practitioners, and policymakers with cutting-edge analyses, policy tools, and clear, compelling data on demographic change, racial inclusion, and the economic benefits of equity through a user-friendly interface. In addition to maintaining and continuously improving this powerful living resource, our team produces high-impact research on racial economic equity and works in partnership with advocacy networks and local community coalitions to develop relevant analyses and data tools to drive policy campaigns and community action for racial economic inclusion.
We invite applicants who will support the work of our partnership to make the case that equity is both a moral imperative and the key to economic prosperity and to produce high impact research on racial, economic, and social justice.
- Assist the team to design, organize, and conduct advanced quantitative (statistical, spatial, etc.) analyses.
- Translate complex data and analyses for mainstream audiences.
- Contribute to the writing of both academic articles and popular reports.
- Possess strong communication skills to work effectively within the team, and a diversity of stakeholders and sectors.
- Completed all requirements for their doctoral degree by August 1, 2023. Graduating doctoral students and pre-tenure professors with a doctorate in a social science discipline
Salary range: $70,000 - $80,000 – annual salary will commensurate with skills and experience
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The university reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
Required Documents and Additional Information:
- Resume and cover letter required (may be uploaded as one file). Please do not submit your application without these documents.
- Job openings are posted for a minimum of (5) five business days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended, so please apply on the same business day if interested.
- USC has excellent benefits, including health benefits for staff and their family with access to the renowned university medical network; eligibility for retirement plans with employer contributions after six months of employment; tuition benefits for staff and their family; free Professional Development classes; central Los Angeles location with easy access to commuter trains, buses and free tram pick up services; discounts to sporting and other campus events.
The University of Southern California is an Equal Opportunity Employer that Values Diversity.
This is a one year fixed term position, with possible one year renewal.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*