Registrar and Director of Enrollment Services
9/5/2022 11:00 PM Pacific
We invite you to consider joining Yakima Valley College (YVC), an innovative and equity-focused designated Hispanic Serving Institution that is committed to the pursuit of equitable student learning outcomes for its diverse students.
The Registrar and Director of Enrollment Services is a fulltime, administrative exempt position reporting to the Dean of Student Services. As the college’s chief administrator for admissions, registration and academic records, the position leads the development and implementation of policies and procedures designed to ensure compliance with federal, state, and college requirements. The position is responsible for workflow processes that maximize efficient use of technological resources while safeguarding a high level of academic integrity. The position serves as Pillar Lead for the enrollment and record-keeping functions within the college’s ctcLink PeopleSoft student management system.
This position directly supervises classified employees. The director is responsible for creating and maintaining a student-centered, supportive atmosphere with sensitivity and responsiveness to all students.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of current regulations, policies and procedures
- Administer and oversee admissions, registration and records coding in compliance with state requirements and YVC procedures; build and maintain the computerized tables as needed
- Plan ctcLink PeopleSoft training opportunities for administrators, faculty and staff who use the computerized system’s enrollment and record-keeping functions
- Provide annual reminders for faculty and staff on the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) regulations
- Supervise classified and exempt employees; provide timely training and evaluation
- Administer Washington state residency requirements
- Implement risk-management methodologies which minimize office error and maximize the ability to quickly detect potential concerns
- Develop and implement office procedures which provide for timely and accurate processing
- Process student requests for exceptions to standard policies and procedures in consultation with the Dean of Student Services and any other department that may be impacted by the exceptions
- Provide survey and reporting responses in collaboration with the Office of Institutional Effectiveness as requested by officials such as the U.S. Department of Education, the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS), the State Board for Community and Technical Colleges and colleagues from other state higher education officials
- Direct the work of the college’s primary information desk
- Direct student recruitment and outreach activities, including outreach to organizations, communities and targeted populations
- Serve as the college’s liaison to the statewide Admissions and Registration Council
- Direct the preparation and printing of electronic applications, forms and consumer information
- Regularly attend professional meetings both on-campus and off-campus; train others on new processes, requirements and other updates as needed
- Direct timely processing of student enrollment reporting and the provision of student academic transcripts; utilize third-party services such as the National Student Clearinghouse as appropriate
- Develop and monitor eLearning state authorizations
- Maintain a flexible work schedule
- Perform related duties as assigned
- Effective use of computerized management of higher education records
- Professional standards for written communications and record management
- Read and apply complex regulations and technological guidance
- Accurately keep records and recognize errors
- Apply an advanced understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel and related business management software to support development of professional communications, statistical reports and quality-control assessments
- Direct projects and ensure timely completion
- Lead a department that demonstrates excellent, student-centered service
- Work in a culturally aware, inclusive and responsive workplace
- Apply professional judgment in compliance with federal, state and college expectations of integrity
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with students, colleagues and staff
- Ability to be flexible in a multi-tasking environment and manage multiple deadlines
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized college or university in a field related to the position
- Three (3) years of experience extracting and analyzing data for the purpose of producing accurate reports in a higher education environment
- Demonstrated experience which required excellent communication with internal and external clients, students or customers
- Master's Degree from a recognized college or university in a field related to the position
- Experience using a computerized student management system for the processing and maintenance of student records
- Experience supervising employees
- Four (4) years of experience extracting and analyzing data for the purpose of producing accurate reports in a higher education environment
To apply for this position you MUST submit a complete YVC Online Employment Application, and include the following REQUIRED attachments:
- A cover letter describing how you meet the qualifications of this position (a generic cover letter will not be accepted). The search committee should be able to easily “check off” each qualification asked for in the job description.
- A current resume (a resume will not substitute for the "work experience" section of the online application).
- Three (3) professional references (personal references do not count as professional)
- Unofficial transcripts for confirmation of degree and required for the fulfillment of the minimum qualifications (when applicable). The successful candidate will be required to submit official transcripts at the time of hire.
- Copy of Credentials or license as required for the fulfillment of the minimum qualifications
- Supplemental Questions - your responses should provide examples and timelines in your education/experiences which give evidence of each claim you make (should also be reflected in your application materials).
Please note: Failure to follow the above application instructions will lead to disqualification. Please do not include any attachments other than the ones requested above. E-mailed documents will not be accepted after the closing of the recruitment or in lieu of attaching your documents to the online application.
Those applicants invited to interview may be required to complete a skills test.
Due to an emergency proclamation by the Governor, all employees will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment. Employees may request a medical or religious accommodation by contacting the Human Resources Department at 509-574-4670.
Candidates will be subject to a Criminal History Background Check as a condition for consideration of employment.
"In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire."
Yakima Valley College does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, sex, genetic information, or age in admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services, and activities, or in employment. All inquiries regarding compliance should be directed to the Director of Human Resource Services, YVC, South 16th Ave. & Nob Hill Blvd., Yakima, WA 98902; or call 509.574.4670. Click here for the full nondiscrimination statement.
Yakima Valley College's Annual Safety and Fire Report is available online by visiting the Campus Safety Security website, containing mandated information about current campus policies concerning safety and security issues, required statistics, and other related information for the past three calendar years. To obtain a paper copy of the report, please call 509.574.4610.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance with the recruitment process will be accommodated to the extent reasonably possible.
All positions are subject to funding.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*