This is an applicant pool that the department will review on a monthly basis for FUTURE positions as they become available. There may not be positions available at this time.
The evening housekeeping technician conducts all manner of housekeeping duties and is responsible for the care of the facility to which he/she is assigned. He/she will act as a “working team member to provide general housekeeping and complex technical housekeeping duties.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conduct routine housekeeping maintenance of assigned facility.
• Conduct all manners of floor maintenance to include shampooing carpet, mopping, stripping, buffing and waxing vct/mct, terrazzo and brick.
• Assist with furniture and furnishing moves, especially for set-ups for special events.
• Perform all duties and assist all persons on our campus in a professional manner that honors and promotes the five core values of Sandhills Community College: respect, integrity, opportunity, excellence and persistent helpfulness.
• High School Diploma or GED preferred.
• Valid NC Drivers License.
• Ability to perform medium to heavy duty housekeeping tasks which require standing, walking, lifting, carrying, stooping, pulling, pushing, kneeling, reaching, etc.
• Ability to work with hand tools, portable powered equipment (vacuums, etc.), and housekeeping chemicals.
• Ability to participate in safety and housekeeping training and to comprehend and practice it in the course of duty.
• Ability to interact, communicate, and maintain effective relations with students, public, faculty, and staff. ability to follow guidelines and directives and to maintain a neat and professional appearance.