VP of Marketing & Communications
Reports to: CEO
Status: Salaried, Exempt Location: Seattle, WA or remote home office
The Max Foundation is a non-profit global health organization that believes in a world where all people can access high impact medicines, where geography is not destiny, and where everyone can strive for health with dignity and with hope. We exist to accelerate health equity. We do this by delivering medication, technology, and services to patients facing cancer and other critical illnesses, focusing our energy on those who no one else is helping. We carry out our work with team members based in Seattle at our global headquarters and local team members based in several targeted low- and middle-income countries. The Max Foundation has a full range of programs and services, all focused on serving marginalized people living with cancer and other critical illnesses around the world. Learn more about The Max Foundation: https://www.themaxfoundation.org/.
The VP of Marketing & Communications will report to the CEO and will lead all facets of our Mar/Comm department to support our organizational mission of accelerating health equity globally. The VP of Marketing & Communications will be responsible for providing overall leadership and direction, developing strategic plans, and implementing our marketing and communications strategies, as well as managing Mar/Comm team-members. The VP of Marketing & Communications will serve as the primary decision-maker for PR and marketing strategies.
- Works on behalf of the CEO and provides overall leadership and direction for all Mar/Comm functions including: developing PR & Marketing strategies, crafting organizational messaging, guiding content creation, etc.
- Collaborates with global team-members across the organization, particularly in programs and development, to intricately understand programmatic operations, and subsequently showcase our mission to engage audiences at various levels
- Builds and maintains visibility with global media networks and shows ability to influence and secure media partners at senior and executive levels
- Amplifies the Max voice and presence for key global health events & industry meetings; crafts specific organizational messaging for external speaking engagements
- Elevates the organizational mission and messaging at annual signature events (ex. Gala)
- Sets the strategy for institutional collateral, social media, and website; leads Annual Report creation process, from initial vision to final product
- Acts as a key decision-maker for the organization, including decisions with significant risk/opportunity for the foundation, by providing expert counsel
- Supports the CEO in leading the organization and in making strategic decisions with organization-wide impact
- Responsible for financial planning and budgeting for the Marketing & Communications department
- Sets the people strategy for the Mar/Comm department, manages team-members as all levels, and oversees work on large consultant projects
- Represents The Max Foundation in the absence of the CEO and serves as an external spokesperson
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s or relevant certification required
- 10+ years of professional experience in the Marketing and/or Communications fields, preferably in the global health industry
- Excellent analytical skills and proven ability to make critical decisions
- Advanced project and people management skills and ability to navigate in a fast-paced environment with a solid track-record of following through on commitments
- Experience working in a global and multicultural capacity across time zones and among diverse team
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills; written and verbal fluency in French, Spanish, or another language, a plus
- Willing and able to travel domestically or internationally, on occasion
Skills and Attributes:
- High attention to detail and a high standard for quality work products
- Passion for superior customer service and flexibility to do what it takes to ensure customer satisfaction
- Comfort working in a periodic high-paced and high-workload environment
- Ability to manage a full email inbox and respond to emails in a timely manner
- Mission driven, enthusiastic, dependable, positive, self-starting
We offer compensation commensurate with experience. No relocation provided.
To Apply: Visit our website at https://www.themaxfoundation.org/careers to apply. Please include resume & cover letter.
The Max Foundation is dedicated to diversity in staff and is an equal opportunity employer