DIRECTOR, MEMBERSHIP DEVELOPMENT AND OPERATIONS
The International Institute for Conflict Prevention & Resolution (CPR) is an independent nonprofit organization that promotes the prevention and resolution of business-related conflict to better enable purpose. This position will play a key role in growing and supporting the membership of the Institute, a think tank which convenes companies, law firms, academics, individual practitioners, and neutrals to share best practices, network, develop tools for dispute management, and host programs of interest. Primary responsibilities include membership recruitment and acquisition, securing renewals in a timely manner, managing the membership database, developing analytics to help maximize membership engagement and renewals, and interfacing with prospective and current members. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who combines strong interpersonal skills with a creative and analytical mind. The ideal candidate should also be well-organized, detail-oriented and thrive in a fast-paced, mission and results-oriented environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will manage membership-related projects and work both independently and as part of a team to develop membership recruitment and retention in the following ways:
- Develop and implement plans for membership growth and engagement by identifying both short-term and long-term strategies and initiatives for acquiring new members and engaging current members.
- Facilitate ongoing member engagement with phone calls, emails, and meetings.
- Enhance benefits consistent with CPR’s tiered membership model and diverse member constituencies.
- Work with marketing personnel to create marketing assets and presentations to prospective and current members to educate them on CPR resources and membership value proposition.
- Track and analyze member engagement including event participation and marketing responses by fully utilizing the capabilities of CPR’s Association Management System and prepare reports of same.
- Support the transition of membership database from CRM to new AMS.
- Process membership renewals and payments and track financial performance.
- Support Board of Directors’ Membership and Programming Committee.
- Support team members in their efforts to establish outside collaborations and to broaden our base.
- Support CPR Institute’s social media in collaboration with other organizational marketing efforts.
Skills & Requirements
- Ability to work well independently and as a member of a team in a collaborative small office environment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize, with good judgment and decision-making skills
- Ability to establish and maintain partnerships and relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication for interfacing with prospective and current members
- Ability to speak effectively in public
- Have the following technical skills:
- Fluency in all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint) as well as Adobe
- Experience working with membership databases and use of analytics to track growth and retention.
- Experience with marketing technology systems
- Comfortable with CMS for website maintenance
- Prior experience in a corporate or legal environment a plus
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, as is minimum of 5 years in an association membership role.
This is a full-time, hybrid position. Must be eligible to work permanently in the US. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Includes a generous 401K plan and benefits package including vacation, medical, dental, FSA and transit.
For more information, or to submit your cover letter and resume, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org