Fleet Mechanic (Savannah, GA) - Full-time
- The Fleet Mechanic provides fleet management, maintenance, and repair with responsibility for ensuring efficiency through processes that deliver quality results. This is a working position.
- The Fleet Mechanic must demonstrate skills in project and time management, teamwork, decision making, and the use of technology in addition to vehicle and equipment repairs.
This is a flexible full-time position. Monday thru Friday, the pay ranges from $21 to $24 depending on experience and education.
- High school degree or GED.
- 5 years of experience as a fleet mechanic.
- Knowledge of methods, techniques, and procedures involved in maintenance repairs and replacement.
- Skilled in DOT inspections.
- Knowledge of engines, transmissions, brakes, and suspension systems.
- Skilled in diagnosis and repair of electrical systems on trucks and equipment.
- Skilled in welding.
- Ability to operate various pieces of equipment such as skid steers and trenchers.
- Ability to coordinate programs, prepare reports and maintain accurate records.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair equipment with accuracy and speed; ability to create effective working relationships with employees.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, job planning skills, and mechanical aptitude are a must.
- Knowledge of an automated Fleet Management Information System.
- Considerable knowledge of safety practices and techniques in mechanics; considerable knowledge of diesel and gas engine mechanics; considerable knowledge of vehicle make-up and shop parts and supplies required.
- Georgia driver's license.
- The physical demands outlined are examples of the type of demands the employee will encounter on the job site. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; crouch; stoop or kneel; reach with hands and arms; talk; hear.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 80 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job are dictated by the driver's license requirements.
Apply Directly: Contact HR Manager Angie Gross 912.966.7391.