Non-profit Program Associate/Chief of Staff
Center for Companies That Care (CTC) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit dedicated to dramatically increasing college graduation rates among under-resourced Chicago youth.
AIM High, Center for Companies That Care’s signature college and career access program, serves low- income, minority, 1st Generation youth and/or disabled youth who have invisible differences to ensure they successfully complete college and are prepared for tomorrow’s workforce. AIM High is a long-term, structured, holistic, multi-faceted, mentoring program dedicated to serving high school and college students’ social, emotional, and academic needs.
You will love this job if you:
- Yearn to make a real difference in the lives of under-resourced youth
- Enjoy high school and college-age students and care about their education
- Thrive on variety and appreciate a fast-paced work environment
- Value diversity in your work environment
Job Responsibilities (and approximate Percentage Time Allocation)
Program Delivery (60%)
- Building and managing relationships among students, mentors, school administration and teachers.
- Developing and implementing mentor, student, and parent training.
- High-touch mentoring individual students.
- Facilitating weekly Leadership Institute, classroom instruction, at partnering high schools.
- Planning monthly Touchpoint Events for students, mentors, and families.
- Developing virtual curriculum
- Evaluation and tracking leading to program improvements
- Documenting services for each student
Chief of Staff (40%)
- Supporting Executive Director and executing ED’s administrative responsibilities
- Overseeing general office operations. o Data management o IT management o Office management o Insurance o Policies and Procedures o Mail www.companies-that-care.org
- Relationship-building and world-class service delivery to program participants, donors and partners.
- Overseeing budgets and financial reporting
- Supervises bookkeeper and leads recruitment efforts for other staff
- Compliance with public sector grants
- Corporate and Donor Communication and Marketing including: o Creating development, outreach and recruiting materials for multiple audiences. o Identifying and recruiting organizations to get involved. o Planning fundraising events. o Developing and maintaining content for website. o Relationship building with donors and partners.
- Data management and reporting
- Technology management
Essential Skills and Requirements
- Knowledge and interest in educational matters, business matters and program management
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize effectively.
- Very flexible and easily able to adapt to changing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and persuasive skills (verbal and written).
- Efficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and SharePoint is a must. Knowledge of database management (e.g, Salesforce, Mailchimp) is preferred.
- Must be able to travel to locations within a 60-mile radius of the work site with insured automobile; valid driver’s license required
- Strong work ethic and drive to succeed, with ability to excel in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment.
- Demeanor is high energy, personable and enjoys talking to people
- Ability to work in a team environment and sustain positive relationships with individuals from diverse backgrounds, including corporate staff, board members, nonprofit staff, government officials, community representatives, and people who have special needs and/or are from low- income households.
- COVID-19 vaccination and booster will be required
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a highly preferred skill
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Required experience means demonstrated ability to juggle many priorities and projects
Center for Companies is an Equality Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Center for Companies That Care will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities upon request. www.companies-that-care.org
If interested, please send a letter describing why you’d be a great addition to the Companies That Care staff, your resume and your salary requirements. www.companies-that-care.org
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
All employees are vaccinated and boosted. When students or other non-employees are in the office, everyone is masked.
- How many years of experience working with teens and young adults do you have?
- Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: Multiple Locations