Provides support to the Director, Continuing Education regarding the accreditation, development, and implementation of NKF's continuing education activities. This includes overseeing appropriate documentation and developing files in order to maintain NKF's Joint Accreditation status and continuing education documentation for local and national programs. Additional responsibilities include supporting activities for the NKF Spring Clinical Meetings.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works closely with the Director, CME and the Director, Professional Education to manage all aspects of the National Kidney Foundation Continuing Medical Education (CME) and Continuing Education (CE) programs to follow all Joint Accreditation requirements and ensure ongoing NKF certifications for providing continuing education activities to clinicians in multiple disciplines.
- Supports the Director, CME in providing oversight, orientation and training for National Headquarters and local Field staff to ensure content accuracy, program reconciliation and compliance with CME/CE regulations.
- Collects and organizes monthly CE outcome reports and financial reports.
- Manages the review process for Chapter, Division CME programs, works with our Education Committee, and organizes their review tasks appropriately.
- Serves as primary contact for Chapter programs and leads local chapters in the accreditation and execution of virtual and in-person professional education activities.
- Organizes and contributes to regular trainings with CME program staff to help improve volunteer engagement, committee development, and overall understanding of CME processes and Manages timelines for all components relating to effectively delivering CE activities.
- Manages production schedule for CE programs and live CE activities to be built in NKF's online learning management system.
- Assists the Director, CME and the Director, Professional Education in the coordination and execution of NKF's premiere education activity, the Spring Clinical Meetings (SCM).
- Reviews the SCM required CME/CEU speaker documentation including objectives, biographical/disclosure information, speaker slide presentations, pre/post-tests, and audience response questions.
- Work closely with the Director, CME to establish a post-event outcomes review to serve as a peer resource to improve programs
- Responds to learners calls and emails in NKF's Salesforce Service Console, and provides accurate, satisfactory answers to their queries and concerns. This includes guiding learners through troubleshooting and navigating NKF's professional education resource center.
- Performs additional support to the department that includes organizing and scheduling conference calls, taking minutes during internal meetings, submitting, and tracking invoices and volunteer reimbursements, and working with Internal Operations in the printing and shipment of all materials.
- Produces internal reports as needed.
- Performs additional duties, as required.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is required.
- Minimum four (4) years previous administrative experience.
- Prior continuing medical education experience.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with medical professionals.
- Prior project management experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with deadlines and time pressures.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, to set priorities and to multitask.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of management, especially executive level volunteers.
- Ability to think quickly and follow through accordingly.
- Excellent computer skills - computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Flexible for overnight business travel (1-2 times per year).
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
At the National Kidney Foundation diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity applies to both our workforce and the communities we serve as it relates to kidney health and kidney disease prevention. It is the policy of NKF to provide equality of employment opportunity regardless of race, creed, color, qualified handicap or disability, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, age, gender, political affiliation or veteran status, or any other factor or reason prohibited by relevant local, state, and federal fair employment laws.
The Equal Employment Opportunity policy will apply to all employment practices of NKF including, but not limited to: recruitment, hiring, promotion, training, compensation, benefits, layoffs, transfers, and discipline. Implementation of the Equal Employment Opportunity policy is the shared responsibility of the management of NKF.