Hiring Salary Range : $47,363 - $61,571/annually DOE
Grade : 114
Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm; some evenings and weekends may be required
Summer Hours: Monday - Thursday, 7am-6pm
Work Calendar : 12 Months
Are you looking for a place to work where you can make a real difference in the lives of over 200,000 college students every year? Would you like to be part of an organization that adds $7.2 billion dollars to the economy and supports nearly 100,000 jobs in the fastest growing county in the United States?
Whether you’re teaching, working, or learning Make It Happen At Maricopa County Community Colleges!
- What's Currently Happening at Maricopa
- Many of our campuses have received grant awards through the National Science Foundation to improve undergraduate STEM Education: Hispanic-Serving institutions program (HSI Program).
- Commitment to diversity, inclusion, equity and employee groups to create an environment of shared governance
- One of the largest community college systems in the country
- 2020 Healthy Arizona Worksites Program recipient
- Named 19th Best Employer for Women by Forbes2019 No. 42 in Arizona’s Best Employers
GateWay Community College is a Hispanic Serving Institution with one of the most diverse student bodies in the Maricopa Community College district. Over 46% of our students indicate Hispanic heritage and better than half of the student population represents more than 40 countries.
GateWay Community College is seeking to attract candidates who want to help us continue building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working and learning environment for all students, staff, and faculty. GateWay Community College understands that diversity is integral to excellence. We honor diverse experiences and perspectives, strive to create welcoming, inclusive, respectful learning environments, and promote access, opportunity and justice.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who reflect, and demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of, the diverse communities and populations that make Arizona a rich and vibrant place to live and work. When you join the team at GateWay, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice built on broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students, and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at GateWay, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Vision, Mission, Goals, and Values.
The Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) is committed to providing you with a competitive, comprehensive benefits program that provides the care you and your family need to lead healthy and productive lives. Our benefits are designed to provide support for every life stage and lifestyle in our community.
Benefits & Perks Options
- Paid observed federal holidays & additional paid time off throughout the year
- Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) & 12% Employee Contribution Match
- Paid vacation, sick, and personal time (if applicable)
- Multiple health and dental insurance coverage plans
- Virtual: Reach a doctor 24/7
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Maricopa Perks & Gears Discount Program
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- $4,000 Annual professional development growth funding (if applicable)
- Tuition reimbursement for employee and dependents (if applicable)
- Revised summer work schedule
- Maricopa Employee Health & Wellness Program
- Employee recognition opportunities
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness
GateWay Community College is now hiring a great new role!
The Executive Assistant reports to the College President and is responsible for providing comprehensive executive level administrative support and/or is the center for coordinating the administrative processes or workflows and office operations of the executive(s) including two Associate Vice Presidents. The Executive Assistant prioritizes, organizes, coordinates and oversees the executive(s)’s administrative and office details, tasks and functions ensuring effective and efficient office operations while maintaining confidentiality of a variety of information. This position serves as first contact for most matters related to the executive(s)’s office and serves as a liaison with other executives, faculty, staff and external contacts. This position may be responsible for coordinating and overseeing developments and milestones of projects or initiatives, supporting the programs assigned to the executive(s) and/or supervising assigned staff.
Plans, organizes and provides/reviews multitude of highly-sensitive, confidential and complex correspondence, presentations, meetings, and communication as a liaison between the college president and the faculty, staff, students, Governing Board, and community members. Provides strategic assistance through participation in essential meetings providing feedback and counsel when appropriate. The Executive Assistant manages the President's calendar, correspondence and electronic communication; drafts correspondence and ensures timely response; extends invitations on behalf of the President; and serves on committees as requested.
• Processes sensitive personnel documents, requests, and correspondence
• Assists in development and monitoring of department budget
• Serves as liaison to business, professional, community, college and district groups
• Drafts correspondence and ensure timely responses
• Manages the President's calendar and event planning
• Provides feedback and counsel when appropriate
• Serves as President's liaison, attending essential meetings and participating on committees as requested
• Develops presentations and communications from the Office of the President
• Prepares the President for meetings, speaking engagements and events
Professional Support (30%)
Optimizes college president's time by providing planning, organizing and administrative support by overseeing projects/assignments, providing time sensitive information and reference through data collection, research, analysis, and collaboration with both internal and external stakeholders. Provides professional support to internal committees, strategic initiative action teams. Develops valuable and cooperative professional working relationships as a means to expedite and improve services for faculty, staff, students, and stakeholders district wide. As a member of the President's Cabinet, the Executive Administrative Assistant serves as the president's liaison to employees and other campus constituencies, supports the Vice Presidents and their staff in their efforts to address specific requests and assignments from the President and organizes executive leadership meetings and retreats.
• Provides planning, organization, and administrative support for special projects/assignments
• Performs research, analysis and report preparation
• Collaborates with stakeholders, provide recommendations related to policy development and implementation
• Provides communication and support to internal and external constituents
• Provides additional support and travel arrangements to various college personnel (Associate Vice President of External Affairs & Workforce Development, Executive Director, Phoenix Forge Makerspace, Executive Director of CEI, Development Director, Director of Children's Learning Center, Associate Vice President of Institutional Effectiveness, and Grants Manager)
• Provides lead training, mentoring and coaching to staff, as assigned
• Organizes, contribute to, and document President's Cabinet meetings
Project Management (20%)
Provides administrative support for the college president through initiation and resourceful project management initiatives based on college/District operations, policy, law, and procedure. Exercises sound judgment in a variety of situations. Communicates and interprets administrative and operating policies and procedures. Sets priorities and timelines with the president and executes according to decisions. Reviews project steps to ensure requested tasks are implemented effectively and efficiently. Assists in preparing, maintaining/managing department budgets. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Coordinates and oversees assigned projects and programs
• Creates and monitors contract requests for facilities, professional services, and events
• Plans events sponsored by the President's Office
Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution and three (3) years varied and increasingly responsible office and/or administrative support experience, similar to work described above, of which a minimum of one (1) year experience includes supporting an executive level position.
Associate’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution and five (5) years varied and increasingly responsible office and/or administrative support experience, similar to work described above, of which a minimum of one (1) year experience includes supporting an executive level position.
High School Diploma/GED and seven (7) years varied and increasingly responsible office and/or administrative support experience, similar to work described above, of which a minimum of one (1) year experience includes supporting an executive level position.
A. Two 2 years of executive level support experience
B. Two (2) years of contract management experience
C. Two (2) years of project management experience
D. Experience with online software and database systems (i.e. Google Suite, CRM, SIS, FMS, Canvas, etc.)
E. Two (2) years of experience working with a diverse population of students and/or employees
Special Working Conditions
- May be required to travel or be assigned to all GateWay locations
- May require some evenings or weekends
- May require prolonged periods of viewing a computer screen
- May be required to lift or carry up to #25 lbs
- MCCCD does not sponsor individuals for any type of work visas.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter (2 page limit) and resume showing how the applicant meets the minimum and desired qualifications. All minimum requirements must be met at the time of the application.
Additional materials will not be accepted after the job posting has closed.
Missing materials or incomplete employment history will not be considered.
Please ensure your materials clearly provide the following information.
Clearly illustrate how prior experience, knowledge and education meet the minimum and desired qualifications for this position
Indicate whether former or current employment is Full-Time or;
Part-Time employment, to include Adjunct or Associate Professor (must include number of hours worked, contact hours or load)
Provide employment history in a month/year format (e.g., 09/07 to 10/11) including job title, job duties, for each position held and name of employer for each position
Three professional references, preferably current and/or former supervisors. If references are not provided in resume upon application, they will be requested at time of interview
Posting Close Date
Apply on or before June 17th, 2022 to be considered.
Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) will not discriminate, nor tolerate discrimination in employment or education, against any applicant, employee, or student because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status (including document abuse), age, disability, veteran status or genetic information.
Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, states: "No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance."
The policy of the MCCCD is to provide an educational, employment, and business environment free of gender discrimination. Incidents of misconduct should be reported to the college Title IX Coordinator, as outlined in policy, contact information is available at this link Title IX Coordinators.
The Clery Act is a Federal law requiring United States Colleges and Universities to disclose information about crime on and around their campuses. Crime reporting data for each of the Maricopa Community Colleges, as required under the Clery Act, is available at this link Clery Act