Remote or hybrid possible
Supervisor: Vice President, Development
Reporting to the Vice President of Development, the Director of Individual Giving is responsible for the strategic direction and management of the individual giving program, which represents $13 million in annual revenue for AFSP. Working in conjunction with the Vice President of Development, key national and field staff, as well as volunteer leadership, this position is responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of major and mid-level donors.
The ideal candidate will be a personable, entrepreneurial, results-driven, highly organized professional with excellent communication skills. To be successful, this person will thrive in a high energy, fast paced environment working independently and in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
This position supervises the day-to-day activities of the Individual Giving Coordinator.
- Develop and implement strategies for increasing individual giving at the national and chapter level
- Develop and lead national appeal efforts, including: Spring Appeal, #GivingTuesday, and End-of-Year Giving
- Maintain portfolio of major donors and build a pipeline of prospects capable of making five and six figure gifts to AFSP and planning for the cultivation and solicitation of these prospects
- Grow Circle of Hope, AFSP's giving society at the chapter level. Provide guidance to field staff and chapter leadership on how to identify and cultivate a strong individual giving program
- Collaborate with Individual Giving Coordinator to maintain and grow memorial giving program
- Grow and manage national individual giving programs: Voices of Hope (monthly giving), Patrons for Prevention ($1k+) and Heroes for Healing ($5k+)
- Maintain and expand donor recognition program
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 7 years of professional experience
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to manage and coach people and complex projects
- Comfortable working in Microsoft Office and able to quickly pick up CRM functionality
- Shows a deep commitment to diversity and values all individuals and respects differences in regard to race, ethnicity, age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability and socio-economic circumstance
- Able to communicate mission and programs of AFSP to donors
- Ability to work independently, be self-directed, assess priorities, and take initiative to excel with significant supervision
- Results oriented with strong written and oral communication skills
Salary and Benefits:
Annual salary range: 110-125K
22 PTO (vacation, sick, wellness and personal days) your first year of employment (5 additional days 2nd year)
Company Sponsored Medical Employee Reimbursement Plan (MERP)
10% employer retirement contribution after 2 years of employment
Flexible Summer Fridays
Submit resume and cover letter with a compelling reason why you should be considered for this position. Kindly include your salary requirement for this role. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.