Florida Gulf Coast University is a comprehensive university dedicated to quality education, research, and service. All faculty are expected to: be excellent teachers, responsive to changing professional needs; be committed to innovative delivery of instruction resulting in improved student learning; be committed to effective use of technology including distance learning; produce peer reviewed scholarship; and provide service to the College, University and Community. Teaching assignments may be on the main campus or at off-campus sites within our region.
As the Instructor I, Accounting you will teach at both undergraduate and graduate levels, as applicable; be involved in course and/or curriculum development; conduct research/scholarship; participate on College and University committees and/or initiatives; and perform other duties as assigned.
Florida Gulf Coast University is committed to establishing and maintaining an inclusive working and learning environment in which students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social activities, governance, and all other aspects of the campus life reflect a diverse, multi-cultural, and international worldview.
At FGCU, we collectively stand against any individual or group that practices any form of racism, discrimination, intolerance, hate expressions, or disrespect. We are committed to preparing students to understand, live among, appreciate, and work in an inherently diverse country and world made up of people with different ethnic and racial backgrounds, religious beliefs, abilities, ages, gender identities, sexual orientations, socio-economic status, cultural traditions, family statuses, and military backgrounds. FGCU strives to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our University stronger. The University community recognizes the importance of a diverse and inclusive institution and holds these ideals as paramount for the current and future success of the institution.
We seek colleagues who promote and embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply for this position as we believe that our University will grow and move forward through a commitment of equality for all.
Typical duties may include but are not limited to:
- Teach up to (4) classes a semester, conducts scholarly or engage in professional activities consistent with the LCOB guidelines for faculty classification as Scholarly Academic, Practice Academic, Scholarly Practitioner, or Instructional Practitioner, and engage in service activities as required.
- Community, institutional and professional service in furtherance of FGCU’s mission is expected of all faculty.
- For service, level II instructors are expected to engage principally in teaching- and program-related service and professional development activities.
- Other duties may be assigned by the Department Chair.
Additional Job Description
- Masters degree from an AACSB accredited business school in Accounting or an MBA with a focus (18 graduate hours) in Accounting with significant industry experience.
- Prior teaching experience in an AACSB accredited institution.
- Relevant business experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience or commitment to the use of technology in distance learning & university teaching. Interest in collaborating both within and outside the University in the development and delivery of instruction resulting in improved student learning. Must value continued scholarship and service to the school and university.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Appointment will be made on a 9-month multi-year appointment basis available August 2022.
Because applications and materials are subject to public review and retention under Florida’s Public Records Law, please DO NOT send examples of your project/scholarship unless requested to do so. Therefore all submitted materials including articles, disks, slides, books, etc., become the property of FGCU and CANNOT BE RETURNED. As applicable, finalists will be notified of the need to submit specific additional materials. Such materials will become the property of FGCU.
Under Florida’s Public Records law, applications will be available for public review upon request.
Required Application Materials:
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Five (5) Professional References
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Review of applicant materials will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.