Online ad: Instructor of Automotive Technology (full-time, 9-month, non-tenure track)
Deadline: June 16,2022
Type: Non-tenure track
Salary: $50,000 - $60,000/9 months
Employment Type: 9-month, full-time
Effective Date: August 1, 2022
New Mexico State University at Alamogordo is seeking to fill a 9-month non-tenure track College Instructor or College Assistant Professor position for Automotive Technology.
• Provide 30 credit hours of instruction per academic year in all levels of automotive technology.
• Coordinate with other NMSU community colleges and with appropriate external agencies and organizations.
• Teach evenings, weekends and off-campus within service area, as needed.
• Chair the Automotive Technology Advisory Board. Work closely with local industry to assess curriculum and to provide employment placement for students.
• Organize and maintain a safe and professional learning environment.
• Participate in marketing and associated student recruitment activities.
• Develop courses and labs as needed.
• Advise students about the automotive program and its courses.
• Participate in professional development activities.
• Serve on institutional and system-wide committees and task forces
• Participate in community service activities that align with institutional mission and strategic goals.
• Conduct ongoing student learning assessment at the course and program level.
• Perform other duties, as assigned.
• A minimum of an Associate’s degree in automotive technology or related field
• Knowledge and experience sufficient to teach freshman and sophomore levels of automotive technology curriculum including hybrid technology.
• College teaching experience.
• Demonstrated experience using automotive technology related hardware and software.
• Ability to work effectively with a diverse body of students, staff, faculty and administration.
• Experience in teaching the maintenance and repair of all electric vehicles (EV)
• Industry employment or other automotive technology experience.
• Automotive Industry certifications such as ASE Master Mechanic.
• Experience with assessment of student learning at the course and program level.
• Community college teaching experience.
• Experience with an online learning management system, e.g. Canvas or Blackboard
New Mexico State University at Alamogordo (NMSU-A) is a comprehensive community college located in the foothills, at the base of the Sacramento Mountains. This vantage point overlooks the city of Alamogordo and the Tularosa Basin. The service area of the school includes Holloman Air Force Base (HAFB), White Sands Missile Range, and stretches beyond the view to include the Mescalero Apache Reservation and approximately twenty villages and towns. Much of the south central New Mexico region benefits from the convenient location of the campus. NMSU-A is a two-year community college campus accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is dedicated to the concept of high-quality, cost-effective education that meets the needs of the community and diverse student population.
Benefits offered: Group medical, hospital and dental insurance, group life and disability, and state educational retirement.
Application deadline is June 16,2022. Submit letter of interest, a CV and names and contact information for 3-5 professional references through the university job portal at https://jobs.nmsu.edu/postings/45700.
All offers of employment, oral and written, are contingent on the university’s verification of credentials and other information required by federal law, state law, and NMSU policies/procedures, and may include the completion of a criminal history check. New Mexico State University Alamogordo is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, females, veterans, and those with a disability are encouraged to apply.