Position TitleOffice Assistant
DepartmentAdvising and Retention
Under the supervision of the Director of Advising and Retention, the Office Assistant serves as a receptionist to students, faculty, staff and community members while also performing general office duties and serving the needs of the academic success advisors (ASAs) and other staff who visit or contact the office. The Office Assistant must provide outstanding customer service, create a welcoming and inclusive environment, maintain confidentiality of student information and be prepared to respond to situations that may present in the office. The Office Assistant must have a clear understanding of college and department policies and procedures.
1. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
2. Strong customer service and communication skills.
3. Ability to work effectively in a team setting.
4. Ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities.
1. Experience performing receptionist duties
2. Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Total Hours per week10-20
Monday-Thursday, 9am-1pm or Monday-Thursday, 1pm-6pm; occasional Saturdays; hours may vary. Position runs through the end of the academic year.
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V