Position TitleCorporate Trainer, Injection Molding (Part Time)
Open Internally or ExternallyExternal
If faculty, tenure track statusNot Applicable
Reports to (title)Manager 3
DepartmentContinuing Education (Workforce & Econ Dev)-2U1
Position TypeNew position
Job CategoryPart-Time Staff - Variable
Initial Work LocationWestpointe Center
Starting SalaryBased on qualifications
Job Open Date05/11/2022
Open Until FilledYes
Corporate Trainer will be responsible for all tasks and activities related to course instruction for Advanced Manufacturing programs with a specific emphasis on injection molding programs. Successful candidates will be responsible for:
- Delivering training content and lab activities through in-person instruction,
- Maintaining appropriate course material inventory, lab safety and maintenance, lesson planning
- Tracking student progress and maintaining records
- Clear communication (expectations and feedback to students on progress)
- Maintaining professional relationships with industry partners
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
1. Responsible for all tasks and activities related to the delivery of the course/workshop content.
2. Maintain records of student performance, including test administration and posting of all grades into appropriate on-line system.
3. Responsible for the management of an effective learning environment, including communication with students through electronic methods as well as in class.
4. Follow approved course curriculum, per college policy, assuring successful completion of identified student learning outcomes.
5. Maintain current industry standards and best practices as appropriate.
6. Demonstrate and support professional commitment to program goals, as well as Division, School and College policies, Mission and Values.
7. Attend required training and departmental meetings.
8. Give timely feedback to students on assignments, quizzes, exams, projects; clearly communicate expectation related to coursework.
9. Maintain open line of communication with program manager/coordinator.
10. Engage students through classroom discussions and activities.
11. Adjust training content to meet changing industry trends and/or standards.
12. Ensure students are given multiple opportunities to acquire knowledge and skills they will need to successfully complete the course, apply what they have learned and demonstrate they are developing the skills necessary to be successful.
13. When appropriate, assist in identifying student placement or career advancement opportunities.
14. Other duties as needed to support program success.
- BA/BS degree preferred in engineering or a similar discipline, or
- Specific documented training, or
- Significant related work experience
- Teaching/training experience a plus
- Prior experience working with adult learners a plus
Minimum of 3 years manufacturing/trades industry experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Computer and software skills (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, etc.)
- Must be adaptable, flexible, and have the ability to multi-task
- Demonstrate interest and passion for teaching
- Ability to track and keep records of student enrollment and progress Must be dependable.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of diverse people, ability, culture, ethnic background, to maintain good working relationships across the College.
- Ability to work with all groups in a diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic background of community college students, faculty and staff, including those with disabilities.
This posting is for ongoing recruiting where the submitted applications are
reviewed by the hiring department when positions become available. Please attach Resume, copies of credentials or certificates and transcripts.
Salt Lake Community College (SLCC) is fully committed to policies of equal employment and nondiscrimination. The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, religion, protected veteran status, expression of political or personal beliefs outside of the workplace, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
SLCC is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”).
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check.