Part-Time Marketing Manager
Application will remain open until filled.
Hourly Rate: $19.02
All applicants must submit a cover letter and resume.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and managing program marketing strategies designed to promote recruitment and retention, with a strong focus on digital channels.
The Marketing Manager is a part-time, 12-month, 19 hours-or-less per week appointment on a schedule established by the Director, Marketing and Public Relations. Typical hours will resume between Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm. An altered work schedule may be required to meet project deadlines. The position involves completing assigned projects within deadline, handling multiple tasks simultaneously, and the possibility of being exposed to confidential information. The Marketing Manager must be able to think strategically, communicate clearly, and work diplomatically with a variety of clients, as well as have the ability to prioritize tasks, acquire and develop software skills, and stay current with trends in design, marketing, and media.
Essential Job Functions
- Collaborate with clients and the marketing team to develop and execute program marketing strategies with a mix of traditional and new media.
- Conceptualize, build and execute email, social media and SMS marketing campaigns for college programs and enrollment marketing initiatives. Coordinate supporting paid digital or traditional media and tactics as needed.
- Leverage advanced knowledge of social media advertising platforms and best practices to run targeted marketing campaigns.
- Collaborate with college program managers on developing new ideas, determining direction, and identifying target audiences and venues for marketing and communications.
- Develop project briefs and manage project execution through completion.
- Collect, analyze, and report campaign metrics to measure success and inform strategic marketing efforts.
- Assist program managers and marketing team with development and distribution of social media content on Parkland College outlets including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc. posts as needed. Take photos, video and create copy as needed.
- Identify appropriate use of social media as trends emerge.
- Research and analyze data and determine primary market segments, best carrier routes, etc.
- Collaborate with staff on the design of flyers, graphics, electronic invitations and other marketing materials for Parkland College programs and enrollment initiatives as needed.
- Partner with clients and marketing web team to determine content updates to Parkland.edu for campaigns as needed.
- Consistently produce time sensitive, accurate, high quality, and professional material.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing/Communications, Public Relations or a related field AND two (2) years of marketing and/or public relations experience.
- Knowledge of available advertising tools and platforms in the professional social media space; ability to learn new and emerging technologies. Experience with email marketing platforms.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, some experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and project management experience with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work with a diverse clientele.
- Capability and willingness to work independently as well as collaboratively with a team.
- Ability to learn the Parkland College information systems, especially Ellucian Colleague and Lumens and new computer programs as technology changes.
In an effort to comply with SURS return-to-work restrictions for employers (40 ILCS 5/15-139.5), candidates for employment at Parkland College must either not be a SURS annuitant or must be willing to suspend his/her SURS annuity upon employment. This applies to all SURS annuitants except those receiving their annuity under either the Self-Managed Plan (SMP) or by lump sum payment.
Please monitor your email (including spam or junk mail) for testing and other correspondence from email@example.com.
For further information regarding application procedures, please contact Human Resources at 217/351-2220.