CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Eastern New Mexico University-Roswell (ENMU-R) is seeking qualified candidates to fill the position of Automotive Instructor. The position is open until filled.
This is a nine-month tenure-track faculty position that reports to the Assistant VP, Tech Ed. This individual will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following: Teaching basic automotive technology courses, introductory and advanced automotive subjects, special topics, and supervising co-op/internship training, as well as, preparing students to pass certification exams. Other essential duties include the preparations of lesson plans and syllabi, maintaining equipment, supplies, and lab facilities, recording grades and attendance and coordination with part-time instructors. Participate on various college committees and perform other duties as assigned or deemed necessary.
- Teach Automotive Technology courses
- Create a focused and engaged learning environment
- Prepare lesson plans, record grades and attendance
- Participate in scheduling courses to meet student needs
- Support the academic success of students
- Prepare students for a career in Automotive Technology
- Prepare students to pass industry certification exams,
- Coordinate with part-time instructors
- Maintain equipment, supplies, and lab facilities
- Create and maintain a safe learning environment
- Appropriate industry certification is required, such as ASE certification to meet the requirements for MAST program accreditation or appropriate manufacturer’s certification.
- 5 years paid industry experience as an automotive technician.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly organized, safety conscious, and detail-oriented.
- Able to work effectively with diverse groups.
- Qualified applicants who do not presently hold an Associate’s degree will be required to complete a degree in a specified amount of time.
- Teaching experience
- Associates degree, or higher in related field
Electronic Application Instructions: Electronic applications should be submitted through the "Apply" link on the top of this page. Please attach the following required documents to your electronic application:
Letter of Interest
Resume / Curriculum vitae
Transcripts (Unofficial or Official. Scanned/PDF transcripts only; Copy and Paste transcripts will not be considered.)
ENMU-Roswell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Title IX Employer. Eastern New Mexico University-Roswell is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. The University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other protected status in its programs, activities, or employment. People seeking additional information about the University’s non-discrimination policy should contact the Affirmative Action Officer at (575) 562-2218. Individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation can call the office of human resources at (575) 624-7411. The University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs, activities, employment and admission, and the University is required by Title IX and 34 C.F.R. Part 106 not to discriminate in such a manner. For more information regarding Title IX please click www.roswell.enmu.edu/notice-of-nondiscrimination New Mexico is an open records state, therefore ENMU-R complies with the Inspection of Public Records Act, NMSA 1978, Chapter 14, Article 2, from the Office of the New Mexico Attorney General. Requests for records should be sent to Frances.Dubiel@roswell.enmu.edu. For any other inquires please contact Human Resources at (575) 624-7412 or e-mail HR@roswell.enmu.edu
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to successfully perform the job. ENMU-Roswell reserves the right to cancel, change, or close any advertised position at any time. The decision to do so will be based upon the needs of the University and the final determination will rest with the President.
APPLICANTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR SUBMITTING COMPLETE APPLICATIONS
Please apply at https://www.roswell.enmu.edu/human-resources/