The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This list of duties is illustrative only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all the functions and responsibilities performed.
The Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible for maintaining the integrity and accuracy in the University's third-party billing, accounts receivable, and is the backup to the Accounts Receivable (AR) Supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs work study students and directs the cashier in accounts receivable supervisor absence.
- Prepares all third-party billing and maintains student accounts.
- Communicates with third party agents, students, and parents on a routine basis.
- Works closely with Customized Training, EMS, and Special Services staff to ensure accurate and timely third-party billing.
- Reconciles non-credit course accounts and third-party accounts open invoices to the general ledger monthly.
- Responsible for balancing bus pass tickets to the general ledger.
- Runs and balances month-end reports when AR Supervisor is absent.
- Reviews student account balances and prepares student refund checks when the AR Supervisor is absent and reviews any issues with the financial aid department as necessary.
- Assists AR Supervisor with the credit balance report weekly in preparation for refund checks.
- Posts daily ACH payments to student and third-party accounts.
- Performs cashiering activities as needed including balancing the TouchNet payments, end of day balancing, and closing.
- Performs collections activities for third party accounts, sending past due notices, and collection related phone calls.
- Assists in notifying students of possibly being voided when a tuition deposit has not been made timely.
- Research and prepare adjustments to student accounts and general ledger.
- Reviews the third-party aging report.
- Maintains billing information updates on US government websites which pertain to our third-party billing system.
- Ensures billing deadlines are met.
- Maintain positive relationship with third party agencies.
- [As defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, these include the following responsibilities, minimum job knowledge, skills, and abilities. This is not necessarily an all-inclusive listing.]
- Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum Job Requirements:
Education and/or Experience:
A minimum of two (2) years related experience and/or training, an Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or university, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Two (2) years of experience and an Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or university, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The employee must possess computer skills including database management and other software and the ability to maintain confidentiality. Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills are required. The person must be detail-oriented.
Electronic Application Instructions: Electronic applications should be submitted through the "Apply" link on the top of this page. Please attach the following required documents to your electronic application:
Letter of Interest
Resume / Curriculum vitae
Transcripts (Unofficial or Official. Scanned/PDF transcripts only; Copy and Paste transcripts will not be considered.)
ENMU-Roswell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Title IX Employer. Eastern New Mexico University-Roswell is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. The University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other protected status in its programs, activities, or employment. People seeking additional information about the University’s non-discrimination policy should contact the Affirmative Action Officer at (575) 562-2218. Individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation can call the office of human resources at (575) 624-7411. The University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs, activities, employment and admission, and the University is required by Title IX and 34 C.F.R. Part 106 not to discriminate in such a manner. For more information regarding Title IX please click www.roswell.enmu.edu/notice-of-nondiscrimination New Mexico is an open records state, therefore ENMU-R complies with the Inspection of Public Records Act, NMSA 1978, Chapter 14, Article 2, from the Office of the New Mexico Attorney General. Requests for records should be sent to Frances.Dubiel@roswell.enmu.edu. For any other inquires please contact Human Resources at (575) 624-7412 or e-mail HR@roswell.enmu.edu
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to successfully perform the job. ENMU-Roswell reserves the right to cancel, change, or close any advertised position at any time. The decision to do so will be based upon the needs of the University and the final determination will rest with the President.
APPLICANTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR SUBMITTING COMPLETE APPLICATIONS
Please apply at https://www.roswell.enmu.edu/human-resources/