Assistant Director of Institutional Research
Eastern Iowa Community Colleges' Urban Campus is seeking a full-time Assistant Director of Institutional Research (Academic Programs).
Under the direction of the Chief Communications Officer, this position will be responsible for providing support for the Office of Institutional Research in its functions of institution-wide research, strategic planning, evaluation, institutional effectiveness, program evaluation, benchmarking, quality improvement, and student outcomes assessment. This position will utilize large integrated databases to extract data and perform appropriate statistical analyses to accomplish research objectives. This position will focus on academic program analysis to include program review, program accreditation reporting, development education, and equity analysis. In addition, this position will create standardized reports, assist in determining review analysis and provide inputs to the academic planning processes. This position will be responsible for presenting findings via engaging data visualizations and infographics.
Qualifications will include:
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, mathematics, computer applications, business, quantitative social sciences or related field requiring coursework in quantitative analysis required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in institutional research, outcomes assessment, educational research, applied statistics, social sciences, or a related field required. Experience in data analysis in higher education preferred.
- Experience in developing, publishing, and maintain dashboards and analytics.
- Recent experience conducting analysis with statistical packages (e.g SAS, SPSS, Excel)
- Considerable technical experience with statistical analysis software (e.g. SAS, SPSS, R) relational databases, syntax/programming and reporting technologies.
- Experience with MS Power BI.
- Must have the ability to work with a diverse student population, staff, and external constituents.
- Successful candidate must possess exceptional communication skills both written and verbal.
Review of applications will begin May 9, 2022 and continue until the position is filled. For consideration please complete online application and send resume and cover letter to e-mail EICC-HR@eicc.edu.
It is the policy of Eastern Iowa Community College District not to discriminate in its programs, activities, or employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential family, parental or marital status, as required by the Iowa Code §§216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681-1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.).
If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact Debora J. Sullivan, Equal Employment Opportunity Officer/Equity Coordinator, Eastern Iowa Community College District, 101 West Third Street, Davenport, Iowa 52801, 563-336-3487, email@example.com or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights U.S. Department of Education, John C. Kluczynski Federal Building, 230 S. Dearborn Street, 37th Floor, Chicago, IL 60604-7204, Telephone: (312) 730-1560 Facsimile: (312) 730- 1576, TDD (800) 877-8339 Email: OCR.Chicago@ed.gov.