About New Mexico Military Institute:
NMMI is a globally recognized secondary and post-secondary learning institution for young men and women that instills excellence in leadership, academics, and physical development within a structured environment empowering students to thrive in a dynamic world. Our mission is to educate, train, and prepare young men and women to be leaders capable of critical thinking and sound analysis, leaders who possess uncompromising character, and leaders able to meet challenging physical demands.
Position: The NMMI English Department seeks an open-rank, tenure-track faculty member to teach junior college and high school English courses beginning August, 2022. Prior military service is not a requirement. Review of applications will begin May 31 and continue until the position is filled.
• Teaching high school and college English courses
• Tutoring and mentoring cadets
• Collaborating with academic advisors and Commandant’s staff to ensure student success
• Maintaining a professional development agenda
• Serving on departmental and institutional committees
Essential Skills and Abilities:
• Exceptional oral and written communication
• Capacity to convey substantive knowledge
• Capacity to develop reading, writing, and thinking
• Collaborative approach to teaching and learning
• Willingness to work with cadets in informal advising, tutoring, and mentoring environments
• Collegial attitude and belief in NMMI’s mission
• Master’s degree in English and experience teaching college writing and literature required
• Terminal degree in English and experience in both high school and college English instruction preferred
• Applicants must possess a commitment to teaching and working with students during the contracted workday schedule
• Small class sizes
• Diverse student body
• Curricular rigor and intellectual freedom
• Highly structured institutional culture and classroom management support
• Development and leadership opportunities
• Excellent pay and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life, and retirement through the State of New Mexico
How to Apply: Please send a cover letter, CV, three current letters of reference, and a fully-completed NMMI Employment Application Form to:
101 W College Blvd, Roswell, NM, 88201
or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application forms are located at: https://www.nmmi.edu/humanresources/employment-opportunities/. Official transcripts will be required prior to contracting. NMMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The NMMI English Department values diversity among its faculty and encourages applications from individuals who are underrepresented in higher education.