Chief Executive Officer
Salary : Depends on Qualifications
Location : Ruston Campus, LA
Job Type : Full-time 12-mon
Department : Office of the Chancellor
Job Number : 00662
In support of the Chancellors of Bossier Parish Community College (BPCC), Central Louisiana Technical Community College (CLTCC), Louisiana Delta Community College (LDCC), and Northwest Louisiana Technical Community College, and in support of economic development, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Workforce Training Alliance serves as the primary Point of Contact (POC) for employers in the North and Central Louisiana regions. With a dedicated staff, the CEO provides sales and marketing leadership for niche programs and strategic priorities focused on employer needs. The CEO provides leadership oversight, management, and resource direction to expand corporate services to include employer and student recruitment, expansion of existing services at existing clients and deploying those services to new clients; developing and delivering specific training and/or consulting products and services; and developing customized training focused on meeting specific needs of an employer. The CEO of the Workforce Training Alliance is the primary individual responsible for the design, development, and delivery of non-credit, workforce programs. The CEO provides coordination and liaises with the Chancellors of the four institutions listed above and the Workforce Training Alliance Advisory Board to execute on strategic initiatives.
Examples of Duties
This position is a specific, industry-facing role charged with the development of new industry partnerships and expanding existing industry partnerships. The incumbent will provide oversight to a matrixed relationship between the four colleges, liaisons at the college/campus levels, program directors, and faculty. The CEO of The Workforce Training Alliance ensures industry/employer needs for a skilled workforce are met. In meeting the employer’s requirements for training, the CEO may recommend training that is for-credit, non-credit, customed or some combination of these offerings. The CEO will be progressive, energetic, partnering, familiar with common business practices, and understand how to achieve self-sustainability for the Workforce Training Alliance. The CEO will be self-aware, collaborative, self-motivated, and an independent thinker who has experience leading unique and challenging initiatives. The CEO may also provide consulting services as appropriate.
The CEO directs and oversees the conduct and performance of staff. The CEO will conduct performance evaluations for direct reports at least annually. The CEO will also oversee identification, vetting, hiring, onboarding, and training of instructors and staff. The CEO will also oversee termination procedures and separations when appropriate.
Reporting directly to a board consisting of the Chancellors of the four colleges identified above and appointed regional economic development professionals, the work of the CEO is performed to achieve the strategic direction as provided by the Workforce Training Alliance Advisory Board and through the delivery of programming focused on meeting the needs of regional employers. The work of the CEO is reviewed and evaluated based on the ability to meet employer needs, demonstrating growth in existing programs through expanding ongoing partnerships and developing new partnerships.
- Leadership and Strategic Planning
- Lead Strategic Planning and Operational Implementation: Support planning, implementation, and monitoring of strategic priorities. Consult with operational owners and management to develop implementation plans and facilitate execution.
- Develop strategies; collaborate with stakeholders; and provide recommendations related to program or project initiatives, policy development and implementation
- Routinely perform complex, highly visible, and politically sensitive research and analysis
- Participate in strategic planning and decision-making
- Prepare, edit and review proposals, reports, and correspondence
- Research and implement industry standards, trends, best practices, and emerging technologies for the work unit
- Coordination of Program Offerings and Inventory of Program
- Management, oversight, and expansion of current Workforce Training Alliance offerings:
o Employer and student recruitment
o Connecting to for-credit offerings at the Colleges
o Boot camps
o Customized training
- Update and maintain cloud-based database information related to existing and proposed programs
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders in designing and implementing occupational education programs to meet changing industry demands
- Ensure compliance with applicable regulations, policies, requirements and/or standards
- Administration and Fiscal Responsibility and Oversight
- Development and management of new revenue opportunities with corporate clients
- Develop mechanisms to monitor attainment of program strategies, goals, and objectives
- Oversee the development and implementation of program sustainability policies and procedures
- Ensure policy direction is implemented; identify resource needs and make recommendations
- Provide input into the tactical, strategic, and long-range planning for assigned areas
- Convene, attend, and/or facilitate meetings
- Ensure compliance with codes, regulations, and laws
- Respond to/resolve difficult or complex inquiries and complaints
- Oversee and provide professional consultative and administrative support for complex projects, community relations, operational management, and customer service initiatives
- Provide professional level staff support to internal and external committees, task forces, and advisory groups that may include performing research, authoring documents, and making presentations
- Outreach & Recruitment
- Primary point of contact for employers across Central and North Louisiana
- Design, marketing, and delivery of non-credit programs
- Coordination of marketing and recruiting and placement for niche workforce programs
- Sales and marketing for niche programs and other strategic priorities
- Prepare and/or review correspondence, speeches, presentations, and other communications
- Serve as liaison to business, professional, community and governmental groups, College offices, faculty, staff and/or students
- Contribute to the development of information and communication materials used for business and industry stakeholders; as well as recruitment/outreach to prospective students
Change Management and Communication: Publish reports for distributed access. Coordinate with all stakeholders to ensure communication and change management is effective. Prepare and publish reports on progress of identified strategies for review by Chancellors and other Advisory Board members.
Supervision of Team Members and Resources
- Serve as knowledge expert in area of assignment, overseeing, reviewing, and providing analyses and recommendations regarding Workforce Training Alliance specific issues
- Prioritize projects and initiatives in alignment with organizational objectives
- Prepare and administer budgets; monitor/approve expenditures; administer and oversee all Workforce Training Alliance procurement transactions and activities including vendor contracts
- Monitor activities/spending and resource stewardship to report on results and ensure accountability, correlation, and attainment of success metrics (return on investment)
- Source funding opportunities and other program sustainability resources
Quality Control and Data Control
- Facilitate Quality Assurance and Continuous Improvement: Conduct data discovery for metrics and key performance indicators. Manage risks proactively. Analyze opportunities for improvement. Identify risks, root issues, and solutions that can be institutionalized to create operational efficiencies.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Workforce Training Alliance Advisory Board.
At minimum, a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in business, public administration, education, educational leadership, a technical field such as engineering or healthcare, or another related field and five years of program management experience, workforce development experience, or field related to assignment that includes two years of supervisory experience. Or an equivalent combination of the conferred degree and related full-time work experience as described above sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above, unless otherwise subject to any other requirements set forth in law or regulation, may be considered.
The ideal candidate will have an earned graduate degree and several years of directly applicable experience leading a complex enterprise in service of economic and workforce development.
In addition to completing an online application, a cover letter, resume and transcripts must be attached online for full consideration.
Louisiana Delta Community College (LDCC) is an equal-opportunity, Title IX institution and pledges to recruit, select and promote diversity by providing equality of opportunity in higher educations for all persons, including faculty and employees with respect to hiring, continuation, promotion, and applicants for admission, enrolled students and graduates without discrimination or segregation.
The College is interested in candidates who have the communication skills and cross-cultural abilities to maximize their effectiveness with diverse groups of colleagues, students, faculty, and community members. All employment decisions are made on a non-discriminatory basis. LDCC prohibits discrimination and harassment based on sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, work-related injury or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. This nondiscrimination policy covers admissions, employment, and access to and treatment in College programs, services, and activities, A pre-employment background screen is required for all employees and the College participates in the Federally-mandated E-Verify program.
LCTCS and its colleges are EEO/AA/ADA Employers
For questions regarding this position, please send all inquiries to Naomi Mitchell at firstname.lastname@example.org