Project Specialist, Office of Technical Education
Salary range: $47,000-$52,000
Location: 1800 Century Place, Atlanta, Georgia 30345
The position is open all applicants that meet the minimum qualifications below.
Project Assistant is responsible for coordinating all daily functions and providing professional level assistance to the appropriate organization and to prepare, maintain and update information in relation to program/operational area.
- Assists in the development, review, and revision of articulation agreements.
- Monitors Academic Affairs website and ensures that appropriate documentation is available for college staff.
- Assists in the development of State Board materials.
- Manages the National Council State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement and coordinating with all 22 colleges.
- Special projects with Georgia Virtual Technical Connection, as needed.
- Editing and proofreading curriculum documents.
- Prepares project timelines, reports, and other documents as requested.
- Works with Grants Management to ensure that purchasing and budgeting follows state and federal guidelines.
High school diploma or equivalent *and* Two (2) years of work related experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Experience with Microsoft Excel
- Former teaching experience (secondary or postsecondary)
- Project management experience
- Knowledge and practical application of basic accounting principles and student information system
- Knowledgeable of modern office practices and procedures
- Ability to prioritize
- Skill in the operation of computers and job related software programs
- Decision making and problem solving skills
- Skill and ability to perform complex and varied duties
- Skill in interpersonal relationships and in dealing with the public
- Oral and written communication skills
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested parties should apply at Team Georgia Careers, Team Georgia Careers Website
Applications will be accepted until March 22, 2022. Due to an anticipated large volume of applications, only those who receive an interview will be notified of the status of the position.
It shall be a condition of employment to submit to a background investigation. Offers of employment shall be conditional pending the result of the background investigation to include a criminal history records check and a motor vehicle records check. Verification of education credentials and licenses, pre-employment drug testing, a credit history check, and a fingerprint records check may be required dependent upon job responsibilities.
On a consistent bases, the following shall be performed with or without a reasonable accommodation:
Driving; repeated motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers; standing or sitting for prolonged periods.
Federal Law requires ID and eligibility verification prior to employment.
All male U.S. citizens, and male aliens living in the U.S., who are ages 18 through 25, are required to register for the military draft and must present proof of Selective Service Registration upon employment.
Applicants who need special assistance may request assistance by phoning (404) 679-1759.
The Technical College System of Georgia is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law).