EFL Associates has been retained to assist in the search for the next President of the Kansas University Endowment Association. This independent nonprofit organization partners with donors in providing philanthropic support to build a greater University of Kansas.
Credentials We Seek:
- The ideal profile would consist of a proven record of significant fundraising success in a similar or larger college/university endowment association or foundation.
- Another acceptable profile would be represented by a business or nonprofit executive background whose leadership abilities originate from fundraising, public relations or related industries whose platforms are similarly complex.
- Fundraising campaign experience is critical for success – leading the strategic and execution aspects of campaigns – including service as a “closer.” Examples will be sought.
- A bachelor’s degree is required from a college or university with emphasis on business administration, law, communications, public relations or related subjects. Advanced degree preferred.
- Demonstrated gravitas is required in order to converse intelligently and in depth with donors about a myriad of subjects and topics while concurrently developing and fostering sustainable and lasting relationships.
- Must possess and offer the experience in leading, managing, supervising and working through an accomplished, competent and dedicated team of executives – a leader of leaders.
- Exceptional facilitative skills are necessary to organize and lead the strategic aspects of the Association and, thereafter, execute upon agreed to strategies.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills to meet competing workplace demands in concert with advancing strategic priorities.
- Conversant and fluent with the next generation of fundraising techniques, data analytics, social channels and emerging technological tools to aid with development efforts.
- Ability to forge deep ties and an abiding passion for the University of Kansas is essential.
Responsibilities: The President serves as the chief executive officer, chief strategist and visionary of the organization – responsible for the overall management of the Association in accordance with its by-laws by setting an impeccable tone at the top. In addition, the individual is viewed as the chief fundraiser for the University and its broader interests. The individual in this position is expected to embrace KU Endowment’s stated core values – passion for KU, partnership with donors, perpetual support for KU, and a people-centered approach – and demonstrate support for such values through professional interactions and activities.
Organizational Structure: The President reports to the Board of Trustees along with significant partnership with the Chancellor of the University. Organizationally, the President manages an executive team consisting of officers of key functional areas including: Investments, Development/Fundraising, Administration (finance, human resources and technology), and Property. Furthermore, the successful candidate serves as a key member of several Trustee Committees and directs the Association’s annual budget.
To apply, please email your resume to Mari Kerwin at email@example.com. All applicant interest is appreciated. Following a review of a prospective candidate’s qualifications and background, EFL Associates will follow up with candidates who most closely match the position specifications.
EFL Associates, an executive search firm, is assisting KU Endowment with this important search. All calls and inquiries should be made through the search firm. Nominations and applications will be held in confidence. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.