Director of Community Engagement
NEW HAVEN, CONNECTICUT /EQUITY AND ORGANIZATIONAL CULTURE (EOC) /FULL TIME
Planned Parenthood of Southern New England
Care. No Matter What.
We are Planned Parenthood of Southern New England, one of the region’s largest and most trusted providers of reproductive health care. We are recognized for the wide array of services we provide, the outstanding sexual health education we deliver, and our strong commitment to social justice. Working for Planned Parenthood is more than a job; it’s being a part of a powerful movement. Together, we’ll take pride in shaping the future of sexual health and reproductive rights for all people.
Position Summary: In support of Planned Parenthood of Southern New England’s mission and strategic plan, the Director of Community Engagement reports to the Chief Equity & Learning Officer and is responsible for the development and implementation of an agency-wide cohesive community engagement strategy, implementation and support of the volunteer services program, and the deepening of key relationship across Connecticut and Rhode Island. The director will coordinate closely with all external facing departments to ensure the community engagement strategy is aligned across the affiliate. Because of the emphasis on community engagement and volunteer support, this role will need to travel regularly throughout Connecticut and Rhode Island.
- Determine agency-wide cross functional community engagement strategy
- Develop and implement agency-wide community engagement plan including key metrics in support of the strategic plan
- Responsible for the development and support of community advisory committees across Connecticut and Rhode Island
- Build and maintain relationships with neighborhood leaders, advisory boards, civic association leaders, faith community leaders, and other stakeholders across Connecticut and Rhode Island based on identified priorities
- Attend community meetings and events on behalf of PPSNE to hear community concerns, provide information about PPSNE services, and make strategic connections to appropriate PPSNE external facing department members and Executive Leadership Team members
- Direct community assessments in partnership with external facing departments as appropriate
- Ensure coordination and regular communication with all external functions including public policy, education, development, marketing, and patient services
- Develop and manage Community Engagement and Volunteer Services budget
- Responsible for oversight, strategic design, and implementation of the Volunteers Services program including recruitment, training, support, and recognition of volunteers and student placements across departments
- Supervise the Volunteer Services Specialist
- Responsible for the development and tracking of Community Engagement and Volunteer Services metrics
- Participate in national community engagement and volunteer initiatives as appropriate
- Develop meaningful internal relationships across the organization
- Passionate commitment to the mission, vision, and values of PPSNE
- Understands impact of structural isms, including racism on the communities we serve
- Understands how dynamics related to identity impact community engagement and organizational culture
- Self-starter who enjoys developing and implementing new approaches and interventions
- Connector who brings people together in a meaningful and positive way
- Demonstrates an ability to effectively work across difference
- Aware of multiple group identities and their dynamics, and brings a high level of self-awareness, empathy, and humility to interpersonal interactions.
- Holds oneself and others accountable for racial equity practice
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Collaborative leader
- Life-long learner
- Committed to “race and” equity and inclusion
- Culturally responsive
- Deep community connection and relationships in support of PPSNE’s mission
- Transformation of PPSNE’s approach to community engagement
- Partnership with passionate and dedicated colleagues
Salary Range: Min $70,721 Mid $88,401 Max $110,501 and is based on full years of experience.
Due to our commitment to equity and fairness PPSNE does not negotiate salaries.
PPSNE is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are committed to building an inclusive workplace that values diversity and inclusion and reflects the diversity of our communities and patients. We strongly encourage people of color and members of the LGBTQ community to apply.
PPSNE offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes; Health, dental and vision insurance, retirement savings, tuition reimbursement, paid parental leave, generous paid time off, a flexible spending account, wellness program and more.