Dona Ana Community College (DACC) is a comprehensive, learning-centered community college dedicated to a diverse population of learners in support of student success, workforce and economic development and lifelong learning. Established in 1973 at the request of the Gadsden, Hatch and Las Cruces school boards, DACC continues to meet the educational needs of county residents by providing instruction leading to associate degrees and technical certificates as well as community and adult education opportunities. As the second largest community college in the state, DACC offers accessible and affordable higher education opportunities to more than 18,000 students annually with eight learning sites county-wide. As part of New Mexico State University, DACC is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Position Number 499781 Position Job Title Mathematics Instructor or Assistant Professor Rank Instructor, Assistant Professor Tenure Status Tenure Track Position Summary
Teach 30-32 credit hours over fall and spring semesters. Teaching assignment may include day, evenings, weekends, and/or multiple campus locations. Teach a variety of courses in pre-college and college-level math. Develop, revise and update curriculum in collaboration with the department faculty and director or chair. May develop and teach online courses. Instruct, support, advise and provide timely feedback to students in accordance with DACC policy and procedures. Participate in and serve on department, division, and college committees, program advisory councils, task forces and working groups. Maintain professional and academic competence and participate in professional development activities. Maintain office hours as mandated by division and college policy. Function as advisor to students, both individually and as assigned to student clubs and groups. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Master’s degree in Mathematics or Master’s of Arts in Teaching (C&I, Education with a concentration in mathematics) from accredited university; OR
- Master’s degree from accredited university plus a minimum of 18 credit hours of graduate level mathematics course work (course prefixes must be MATH).
Preferred Qualifications (optional)
- Teaching experience reflecting recent developments in Math and/or developmental Education that provides the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the responsibilities required of the position.
- Demonstrate an understanding of developmental education and developmental mathematics.
- Must demonstrate creativity and innovation in instruction.
- Able to teach upper-division mathematics and developmental mathematics.
- Knowledge of current technology for instruction: graphics calculator, computer.
- Two years full-time equivalent of community college teaching experience.
- Knowledge of innovative, creative teaching and learning methodologies for post-secondary students.
- Experience with media, evolving instructional technologies, and distance learning programs and delivery.
- Experience in developing curriculum, measuring student learning outcomes, evaluating course efficacy, and assessing and improving student learning.
- Endorsement of the teaching philosophy of DACC which supports a goal of success for all students through active learning experiences and strong faculty involvement.
- Demonstrated experience teaching and relating to students from diverse academic, socioeconomic, and cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills working with students, colleagues, staff, supervisors, and the community.
- Bilingual competence in Spanish and English will be considered an asset.
Special Requirements of the Position Special Instructions to Applicants
Please include credit hours taught and/or full time or part time employment for each job listed in resume. (Full time employment is 30 hours or more a week anything less is considered part time employment.)
Additional transcripts may be uploaded under other documents.
Campus/Work Site Appointment Status Regular, Full-time Appointment Full-time Equivalency 1.0 Appointment Base Academic Posting Date 03/07/2022 Closing Date 04/06/2022 Target Salary Rate $44,191 - $56,971 Commensurate with qualifications Position funded by grant or other form of temporary funding No Anticipated Job Begin Date (optional) 08/15/2022 Anticipated Job End Date, if applicable (optional)