CLASSIFICATION: Professional I
LOCATION: Niceville Campus
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
The individual filling this position is expected to play a positive role in helping the College change as necessary to effectively carryout its mission.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Completion Coordinator is directly accountable to the Executive Director of Academic Records and Enrolment for the following duties and responsibilities.
- Oversee the entire graduation certification process to include the identification of qualifying students, verification of student completion, posting of credentials for all diploma, certificate, associate, and bachelor degree programs with the Ellucian Banner Student Information System (SIS), posting of honors and awards to the official academic transcript, coordination of diploma shipments, and oversight of all official communications related to graduation that are sent on behalf of the Office of Academic Records and Enrollment
- Assist in planning and coordinating Commencement Ceremony activities.
- Assist in coding, updating, and modifying degree program templates with the institution's Degree Works degree audit and educational planning tool to ensure the degree audit accurately reflects the academic requirements as outlined in the official College Catalog
- Input approved course substitutions in the Degree Works degree audit and educational planning tool
- Post approved internal course articulations to the student record within the Ellucian Banner SIS
- Post credit earned via credit-by-exam mechanisms approved by the State of Florida Articulation Coordinating Committee to the student record within the Ellucian Banner SIS
- Post credit earned via military training and experience to the student record within the Ellucian Banner SIS in accordance with the College's published Transfer Credit Policy
- Serve on the Curriculum Committee as a non-voting member
- Serve on College Work Groups and Strategic Task Forces as assigned
- Assist faculty, staff, and students in understanding policies and/or solving issues related to the graduation certification process
- Assist faculty, staff, and students in interpreting the information presented with the official degree audit
- Represent both the College and the Office of Academic Records and Enrollment, on occasion, at both on- and off-campus meetings, information sessions and/or events
- Complete mandatory annual compliance training.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution with two (2) to four (4) years of relevant work experience (higher education experience preferred; specific experience within a Registrar's Office of Graduation Office preferred)
- Experience creating and maintaining records within a large database system (Ellucian Banner SIS preferred)
- Knowledge of the Ellucian Degree Works Audit Tool preferred
- Knowledge of the Ellucian Degree Works Scribe Service preferred
- Experience with SQL, PLSQL, or Scribe programming language preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) required
- Proficiency in the use of cloud-based applications (Microsoft SharePoint, Teams, OneDrive, Zoom) required
- Ability to work independently to achieve both Departmental and College goals
- Ability to perform complex data entry functions both swiftly and accurately
- Ability to perform in-depth research and analysis to problem-solve complex data/system issues
- Ability to successfully engage with the general public, students, faculty, and staff in a positive and professional manner within a fast-paced and high-volume work environment
The physical demands of this position are those of working in an air conditioned office environment. Must be able to walk across campus as needed. May be required to lift up to 25 lbs. May be exposed to seasonal environmental conditions of heat, cold and/or rain.
How to Apply
Please provide a complete application package that includes all of the following:
1. NWF State College Application.
3. A cover letter explaining why you consider yourself qualified for this position.
4. Electronic copies of unofficial transcripts.
Application Deadline: November 14, 2021 (11:00 pm CST).
To apply for this position, please visit our website: https://nwfsc.interviewexchange.com, or Human Resources, Northwest Florida State College, 100 College Blvd., Niceville, FL 32578 (Tel. #850-729-5365). NWFSC offers an excellent fringe benefit package. If you are disabled and need accommodations in order to participate in the application/selection process, please notify Human Resources before the specified closeout date. All qualified persons will be considered on an equal basis. Any applicant grievance should be addressed to the Human Resources Executive Director. NWF State College prohibits any form of discrimination on the basis of age, color, ethnicity, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender in any of its programs, services, or activities. Preference will be given to eligible veterans and spouses of veterans for Career Service positions. NWF State College is an Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Institu\tion and a Drug Free Workplace,
Direct Apply Link : https://nwfsc.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=143216