Industrial Systems Instructor (Full-Time)
Job Code: 11413
Campus Location: Augusta Campus
Salary: Commensurate with education and work experience.
The Technical Instructor is responsible for performing all aspects of instruction for program.
A diploma in field required from a regionally accredited institution. Must have at least three years full-time work experience
in field. Must have knowledge of direct and alternating current circuits, motor control circuits, pneumatic and hydraulic
systems, programmable logic controllers, pumps and piping systems, industrial wiring and industrial mechanics.
An associate degree from an accredited institution or completion of an equivalent military or company-sponsored program
Teaching experience at the postsecondary level, excellent human relations skills, effective oral and written communication
skills, knowledgeable of common software programs (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point), and the ability to
implement technology into instructions.
1. Develops/updates instructor guidebooks for each assigned course, which contain course outlines, lessons plans,
information sheets, remedial and enrichment activities, a list of audiovisual materials and computer software available,
and copies of evaluation instruments or a written statement as to where they are located.
2. Develops/updates a syllabus for each assigned course, which contains the name and number of the course, a course
description, the assignment schedule, a list of the competencies and sub competencies, the required textbooks, required
tools and supplies, the evaluation, and grading procedures.
3. Develops lesson plans for assigned courses, which contain the following: the number and title of the course,
competencies and sub competencies, performance objectives, outline or text of the unit, location of resource materials,
and method of evaluation.
4. Establishes an environment conducive to learning in the classroom and/or laboratory by keeping areas clean,
maintaining equipment in safe order, posting safety procedures, and establishing a safety program.
5. Prepares for class by selecting appropriate learning experiences as evidenced by the following: updating instructional
materials such as handouts and syllabi, ordering supplies and equipment, reproducing of materials, using a variety of
learning modalities including instructional technology to augment instruction.
6. Maintains course content, which is current, well organized, and related to course objectives and to student’s previous
7. Demonstrates knowledge in the following areas: institutional services and policies, degree, diploma, and certificate
programs offered by Augusta Technical College, job placement and follow‐up, financial aid, library resources, and
8. Participates in advisory committee meetings, attends at least two advisory committee meetings each year, prepares
agenda, record minutes, establishes an annual program of work, and documents progress toward the program of work
9. Demonstrates knowledge of the program’s industry/business community, maintains contact with business persons,
professional organizations, and current trends.
10. Submits/updates all paperwork and required reports on time including booklists, class schedules, termination reports,
inventory, required student purchase list, and student evaluations.
11. Selects staff development activities based on the following: student evaluations, instructor evaluation, changes in
business and industry, changes in technical education, updates in technology, and/or professional needs.
12. Completes all staff development plan requirements each year and submit staff development 503 activity reports
13. Maintains credentials, licensure, and certification required for teaching and for the profession.
14. Maintains control of class during instruction as well as handles disruptions in the classroom/lab. All discipline is handled
in a dignified manner.
15. Demonstrates respect for students as individuals.
16. Demonstrates accessibility in dealing with students’ needs both individually and as a group; maintains posted office
hours; and communicates clearly to students.
17. Demonstrates excellence in instructor performance as reflected by the majority of positive responses on student
18. Counsels students with grades and attendance problems, refers students to the counseling center if needed.
19. Monitors student schedules in school wide student recording system (Banner); can access information to use during
student advisement; and enters grades on Banner.
20. Completes add/drop and terminations forms as needed. Demonstrates excellence in instructional delivery as indicated by analysis of student performance on departmental test banks and/or corrective actions taken to improve instructional delivery system.
21. Maintains a copy of up‐to‐date state program standards and program guides to use as reference in curriculum development and revision, updates state programs standards and guides by attending and working through consortium
22. Takes an active and positive role in the planning process by completing clear, accurate Institutional Effectiveness System materials and the annual plan, and maintains documentation for the program applicable to the Institutional Effectiveness Review process.
23. Completes documentation as required to maintain appropriate program/institutional accreditation.
24. Participates in graduation exercises, and other Augusta Technical College activities.
25. Performs other duties as assigned.
The position will remain open until filled. All applications packets MUST be completed via the Online Job Center at JobCenter (easyhrweb.com). As a part of the application process, interested candidates will be required to upload other documents including a resume, cover letter and unofficial transcripts (see job center listing for more details). This posting will be removed from the Online Job Center once the position has been filled. All positions require a pre-employment criminal background investigation, education, and employer/professional reference checks. Some positions may additionally require a motor vehicle record search, credit history check, fingerprinting, and/or drug screen. All male applicants between the ages of 18 and 26 years of age must present proof of Selective Service Registration. Copies of all transcripts should be submitted at the time of application. Official transcripts are required upon employment.
Note: Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to personally contact each applicant. If we are interested in
scheduling an interview, a representative from our college will contact you.