Founded in 1996, the Stamford Public Education Foundation (SPEF) is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization focused on elevating student success by delivering educational programs and solutions that promote equitable access to quality public education in Stamford. In pursuit of this mission, SPEF focuses on delivering programs & resources to Stamford’s public schools' students in four areas:
- College and Career Readiness
- Family Engagement
- Kindergarten Readiness
SPEF’s educational programs include tutoring, mentoring, book distributions, parent leadership training, Pre-K experiences, and more.
As an organization, SPEF envisions a community in which every student is prepared and inspired to thrive. Further:
- We believe all students have the right to benefit equally from a quality public education.
- We believe SPEF has a responsibility to eliminate barriers that hinder students’ success.
- We believe SPEF has strategic relationships and unique insight to support students in their pursuit of happiness.
If you believe as we do, please consider joining our team!
The Chief Executive Officer is responsible for the overall leadership of the organization including building corporate and educational partnerships and support within the Stamford community.
The CEO is the primary advocate for our mission and is expected be involved in committees and other organizations that focus on enhancing the quality of education in Stamford Public Schools.
The criteria of success for the CEO will be to utilize and enhance the strategic business goals of the organization plus expansion of programs across the district to provide a wider footprint of influence. Without increased revenue via fundraising, it will be hard to accomplish the first goal thus cultivating and driving revenue through various giving programs will ensure we are a successful organization.
The candidate will have multiple responsibilities and levels of involvement in the following duties in order of criticality:
Direct all Programs and Partnerships
- Provide oversight, direction and support at all SPEF functions and programs.
- Establish and maintain data-driven measurement of programs; publish and communicate program results on a regular basis.
- Utilize strategic business planning process to create sustainable programs; expand across the district.
- Submit year-end written report on programs and partnerships.
Corporate, Community and Donor Development
- Maintain a plan for developing corporate partners.
- Responsible for relationship management with key contacts at our partner companies and organizations.
- Expand revenue and fundraising activities; cultivate major donor and legacy giving program.
Advocate for SPEF in the community
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship with the Stamford Board of Education, the SPS Superintendent, school administrators and local nonprofits, corporations and businesses.
- Report on coverage of monthly Board of Education meetings.
- Incorporate best practices of local and national public school reform efforts and the challenges inherent in urban inner-city schools. Serve on local, state and national committees/education organizations; seek knowledge of public education trends and direct efforts to effectively advocate for excellence and equality.
- Foster collaboration with community, corporate and small business partners.
Provide oversight of Public Relations
- Drive SPEF publications and publicity and cultivate relationships with media.
- Supervise up-to-date website and a robust donor database.
- Create a stronger brand and deepen all aspects of public relations and communications.
Manage Financials and Governance
- Oversight of all budget and financial reports.
- Work with outside auditors.
- Provide oversight of SPEF’s Financial and Business Continuity Plan.
- Create and maintain a Risk/Crisis Management Plan.
- Supervise special events, grants and unrestricted fundraising.
- Maintain inventory of and submit year-end written report on grants.
- Maintain financial and programmatic database.
Provide support for the SPEF Board of Directors
- Serve as ex-officio member of the Executive Committee.
- Arrange and attend meetings of committees and task forces.
- Provide oversight, reporting and enhancement of SPEF’s Strategic Plan.
- Develop, maintain and support a strong Board of Directors and volunteers.
- Develop Annual Report.
Personnel and Office Management
- Supervise, develop and evaluate all staff in accordance with personnel policies.
- Provide oversight of all issues related to office management.
- College degree, with at least 5 years of related senior management experience.
- Demonstrable track record of effectively leading an outcomes-based organization and staff using strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth.
- Knowledge of and commitment to quality educational programs and data-driven program evaluation.
- Strong fundraising, marketing, and public relations experience. Persuasive and passionate written / verbal communication skills.
- Proven leadership, intrapersonal and management experience.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, agile, and innovative approach.
- Strong strategic and financial expertise.
- Success working with a board of directors, cultivating relationships and recruiting a diverse slate of board members and volunteers.
- Passionate, self-directed work ethic, with integrity, a positive attitude, and mission-centric drive.
How to apply
Apply today via Indeed. Successful applicants must comply with a criminal background check.
SPEF is an equal opportunity employer, in compliance with state and federal statutes, we prohibit any form of unlawful harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, or status in any group protected by state or local law where we operate.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- What is your salary expectation?
- What is your current role?
- When are you available to start? (MM/DD/YY)
- senior management leadership: 1 year (Preferred)