Postdoctoral Research Associate - Quantitative Genetics, Bioinformatics, and Reproductive Physiology
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
The Department of Animal Science at Iowa State University seeks a postdoctoral researcher with a background in quantitative genetics, bioinformatics and statistical analysis including genomic data analysis to analyze existing data from studies with varying genetic and phenotypic makeup.
Primary responsibilities include being an active member of a research team consisting of three faculty principal investigators (PIs), current and future graduate students and associated professional and scientific staff member. This position will contribute to future projects that could include project statistical design, IACUC / IRB approval acquisition, tissue and data collection, and statistical and genomic analyses. Both faculty PIs have a history of collaborating with external academic and federal PIs as well as an extensive network of industry colleagues. Hence, this position requires the flexibility to work with a variety of researchers and technicians. This position will be asked to collect and analyze a variety of types of data including genomics, additional omic layers (e.g. proteomics, lipidomics, and metabolomics), and image-based flow cytometry from food animal species with a focus on pigs. The position requires the ability to complete written and oral reports to granting agencies and industry collaborators as well as participating in the training of undergraduate and graduate students experimental design, data analysis, genomic evaluation, and use of associated software. The ideal candidate has the opportunity to provide guest lectures in undergraduate and graduate courses in Animal Science. Required Minimum Qualifications:
- PhD, by start date, in Animal Breeding and Genetics, Bioinformatics, or a related field.
- Experience analyzing research data from university and / or commercial settings using SAS, R, and / or other statistical software packages.
- Demonstrated experience in scientific writing (journal article authorship and publication record)
- Experience managing research records as well as food animal production records.
- Experience with handling animals including weighing food animals that vary in size.
- Personnel training and supervision
- Experience collaborating with members of a research team
Proposed Start Date:
February 1, 2022
Proposed End Date or Length of Term:
January 31, 2023
Number of Months Employed Per Year:
To apply for this position, please click on “Apply” and complete the Employment Application. Please be prepared to enter or attach the following:
1) Resume/Curriculum Vitae
2) Letter of Application/Cover Letter
If you have questions regarding this application process, please email email@example.com or call 515-294-4800 or Toll Free: 1-877-477-7485.
Original Posting Date:
January 11, 2022
Posting Close Date:
January 18, 2022
Job Requisition Number: