Habitat for Humanity Capital Region (Habitat Capital Region) is a dynamic, progressive nonprofit organization that works to provide affordable homeownership opportunities, home repairs, and accessibility ramps to low- to moderate-income individuals and families in Ingham and Eaton County.
The President & CEO is the key management leader of Habitat Capital Region. The President & CEO is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs, and strategic plan of the organization, as well as overseeing the fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
1. BOARD GOVERNANCE:
Works with the Board of Directors in order to fulfill the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for leading Habitat Capital Region in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission and vision as defined by the Board of Directors
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions
2. FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE AND VIABILITY:
Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of Habitat Capital Region, including submission to the Board of proposed annual budgets and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support Habitat Capital Region’s mission
3. ORGANIZATION MISSION AND STRATEGY:
Works with Board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning, and community outreach.
- Responsible for implementation of Habitat Capital Region programs that carry out the organization’s mission
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that Habitat Capital Region can successfully fulfill its mission into the future
- Responsible for the enhancement of Habitat Capital Region’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic, and private organizations
4. ORGANIZATION OPERATIONS:
Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
- Responsible for effective administration of Habitat Capital Region operations
- Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff
- Responsible for terminations and exit interviews for unsuccessful staff
- Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization
5. BE AN EXCELLENT HUMAN
- Help lead a culture of trust, respect, and fun and help all employees and volunteers feel valued
- Exceptional attitude, proactive approach
- Excellent communication skills, team building
- High energy, personable, and ability execute effectively with minimum daily direction
- Creative problem solver and strategic thinker
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Ability to convey a vision of Habitat Capital Region’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers, and donors
- Planning and operation of annual budget
- Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit
- Serving as the primary spokesperson for the organization’s constituents, the media, and the general public
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations throughout the region and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance Habitat Capital Region’s mission
- Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising, and to increase the overall visibility of Habitat Capital Region
- Supervise and collaborate with organization staff
- Strategic planning and implementation
- Oversee organization Board and committee structures
- Oversee marketing and other communications efforts
- Review and approve contracts for services
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors
- Bachelor’s degree required: master's degree preferred
- Significant related experience may substitute for a higher degree
- At least six years of experience in senior management
- Five or more years of experience in financial management, understanding of GAAP accounting, and a record of successfully developing, executing, and reporting operating budgets in an organization with multiple funding sources
- History of implementing comprehensive strategic plans
- Demonstrated human resources management knowledge and skills
- An understanding of real estate development and construction operations is a plus
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- The capacity to oversee complex and diverse operations and effectively perform and complete multiple duties and assignments concurrently
- Proficiency with software tools such as Microsoft Office and Salesforce
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate fundraising, volunteer, and external events and meetings
- Must be willing to understand Habitat for Humanity Capital Region’s mission to build a world where everyone has a safe, decent, and affordable place to live
Habitat for Humanity Capital Region is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Thank you for your interest in working with Habitat for Humanity Capital Region to help build a community where Everyone has a safe, decent, and affordable place to call home.
- Submit your cover letter and resume
- Please include your salary expectations in your cover letter
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off