If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet .
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The Executive Director, Enrollment and Programs leads the enrollment efforts and the enrollment taskforce for Miami Herbert Business School (MHBS) Graduate Business Programs (GBP) and oversees the creation of enrollment goals and strategies for targeted student populations to advance the School’s growth. The executive director designs, develops, and executes integrated marketing and student recruitment strategies to further the MHBS student enrollment goals and participates in marketing plan to promote the MHBS program offerings. The executive director oversees the enrollment management function to encompass the outcomes for student recruitment, retention, and graduation.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
- Oversees graduate business recruitment, retention, and graduation.
- Responsible for the creation and execution of enrollment plans to meet targets Coordinate effectively with brand marketing team and lead generation partners.
- Develop a streamlined scholarship application and review process.
- Oversees admissions decisions for students in applicable programs.
- Advances a support structure for student retention.
- Hires, trains, leads, supervises, and evaluates department staff members.
- Identifies areas of opportunity for improvement and enrollment barriers and makes recommendation to leadership.
- Set clear goals for staff members and support them in the achievement of their goals.
- Participates in the development of departmental budget and monitors its implementation.
- Designs and implements research projects on recruitment and retention.
- Analyzes enrollment data to determine department effectiveness.
- Ensures internal control oversight and compliance with laws and regulations, safeguarding of assets, compliance with University policies and procedures, reliability of internal and external reporting, and efficiency and effectiveness of operations. Creates an effective control environment, conducts risk assessment, implements, and monitors controls.
- Work collaboratively with career services to ensure student quality and to ensure accurate data collection for rankings.
- Work collaboratively with other university units to source pipelines for graduate business programs.
- Work effectively with faculty program directors to effectively engage them in the recruitment and retention process.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
Master’s Degree in business or relevant field required.
Minimum 10 years of experience in marketing and recruitment in higher education.
An equivalent and relevant combination of education and experience may be considered.
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- Knowledge of business and management principles.
- Knowledge of industry-specific marketing and enrollment trends and solutions.
- Ability to direct, manage, implement, and evaluate department operations.
- Ability to establish department goals, and objectives that support the strategic plan.
- Ability to effectively plan, delegate and/or supervise the work of others.
- Ability to lead, motivate, develop, and train others.
- Alignment with University DIRECCT values.
Department Specific Functions
- Adopts an entrepreneurial approach by focusing on data and performance optimization to meet enrollment goals and increase conversion rates.
- Compiles, analyzes, interprets and presents data to monitor outcomes assessment of enrollment and marketing strategies.
- Identifies and recommends solutions to enrollment strategies.
- Leads an accountable, agile, and data-driven team to meet shared and explicit goals.
- Oversees the creation and maintenance of a positive applicant journey that reflects the University and School culture and values.
- Alongside leadership, builds the MHBS story generally and per program and acts as the champion for that story for all enrollment managers and team members.
- Works with outside consultants to ensure that they are aligned and efficiently working toward a common goal within stated budgets.
- Adopts plans to address international and/or other new markets.
- Collaborates interdepartmentally on strategy and functions related to rankings and student retention.
- Procures technology to improve student engagement, marketing and enrollment initiatives.
- Stays abreast of current and emerging trends in student affairs and higher education.
- Works with the Director of Programs on the curriculum development of new programs and create long-term goals for existing programs.
- Prepares and manages operating budget report, execution, and projections Share information on program performance, budget, projections, initiatives, and strategic plans with Dean, Vice Dean of Business Programs, Executive Director of Marketing, and Sr. Business Officer Prepares, collects, and organizes facts and data; performs analysis, and prepares reports utilizing Salesforce for all programs.
- Creates budget goals to ensure service of excellence, increase revenue, increase enrollment, increase program offerings, and build program awareness.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.