Business Instructor, Tenure Track
Truckee Meadows Community College (TMCC), located in Reno, Nevada is seeking applicants for a full-time, tenure track, Business Instructor.
The major area of responsibility for this position is teaching a variety of introductory courses among the Department of Business offerings. Courses taught may be in the disciplines of Business, Management and Entrepreneurship. The instructor will also participate in service and professional development within the department, division, and college.
1. Master’s degree in Business, Business Administration, Management, Entrepreneurship or a closely related discipline from a regionally accredited institution.
2. One year (30 semester credit equivalent) of college-level teaching experience related to the major teaching assignments.
1. Doctorate degree in Business or a related field from a regionally accredited institution.
2. Teaching experience equivalent to two academic years (60 semester credit equivalent) at the college level in both online and classroom instruction
3. Two years professional experience outside academe.
Academic Faculty Responsibilities:
Candidates must exhibit an appreciation of, a sensitivity to, and a respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds.
1. Teach 30 (15/15) credit or contact hours during the academic year, August through May, in various modalities as assigned, including in-person, hybrid, online, live-virtual (hy-flex), and at high-school sites (Jump-Start dual credit), per the needs of the program.
2. Demonstrate awareness of diversity, equity, and inclusion issues. Maintain sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds, as well as disabilities, of students, faculty, and staff.
3. Support student learning outcomes assessment processes by teaching toward approved student learning outcomes and assessing student performance.
4. Assist with curriculum and program review, revision, and assessment. Aid in the development of new course materials and innovative instructional techniques that improve student learning.
5. Work closely with department peers and administrators to become an effective teacher and contributing member of the academic unit.
6. Attend and actively participate in College events, department and division meetings, college or Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) committees, and community service activities.
7. Engage in ongoing professional development to stay current in field knowledge and pedagogies that expand breadth and depth of understanding in the discipline.
8. Complete training outlined in TMCC's Faculty Standards of Online Instruction, when and as needed.
9. Hold 5 office-hours per week.
10. Participate in student advising, recruitment, and retention efforts.
11. Travel occasionally to community and workforce sites, conferences, events, and so on, per the needs of the program.
12. Communicate and interact in a professional and collegial manner with faculty, students, staff, and administration, in the best interests of the college and the people it serves.
13. Comply with departmental administrative responsibilities and published college and NSHE policies and procedures.
14. Uphold the Mission, Vision, and Values of TMCC and perform assigned duties in a manner consistent with them.
15. Adhere to the published codes of NSHE as detailed in the Board of Regents Handbook.
16. Adhere to the Code of Ethical Standards of the State of Nevada (Nevada Revised Statutes 281A.400-281A.480).
17. Other duties as assigned.
Salary Information: $46,691 - $58,364, initial salary placement is dependent on education and experience.
Exempt : Yes
Full-Time Equivalent : 100.0%
In order to be given full consideration all of the following must be attached to your application.
Copy of Unofficial Transcript
Posting Close Date : 02/7/2022
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. Search committees will use this information to determine that applicants meet minimum qualifications as listed in the job announcement.
This posting will close at 12:00 am on the date listed above. The posting will no longer be available to apply to after 11:59 pm the day prior.
All documents, including unofficial transcripts for academic positions, must be received prior to the closing date listed on the job announcement.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check upon hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.