ACE it RISE Coach - Brazoswood High School -- Part-Time
Posting Number: 70722
Position Type: Administrative/Staff
Department: ACE it
Pay Rate: Starting rate at Step 1 is $27.33 per hour
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Brazosport College, a two-time Top 10 finalist for the Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence and Achieving the Dream Leader College, seeks a dynamic and innovative individual to coach students. This position reports to the ACE it Coordinator. ACE it is a comprehensive faculty and staff student success program that serves first time at Brazosport College students.
The ACE it RISE Coach:
- Serves at Brazoswood High School, a local high school, to assist with career identification and college educational plan development;
- Forms collaborative relationships with an assigned cohort of dual credit and non-dual credit students to teach college navigation skills and mentors students through adjustment to college;
- Develops and provides information, support and advice to students concerning registration procedures, career exploration, educational plan development and college class selection;
- Refers students to appropriate campus resources and assists in finding solutions;
- Documents meetings with students;
- Maintains confidentiality of student matters;
- Collaborates with college and shared counselors to implement special programs and events;
- Provides technical support and assistance to colleagues and students on programs and tools used in ACE it;
- Engages in professional development activities;
- Remains current with information technology skills;
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level as assigned.
The preferred candidate supports student success at every level, possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills, works well in a collaborative team environment, relates to diverse cultures and promotes a culture of high performance and continuous improvement by valuing learning and making a commitment to quality. Maximum of 19 work hours per week. Variable hours.
Able to traverse campus; vision, hearing, talking, lifting, carrying, fine dexterity, handling, foot control; and ability to drive to off campus locations as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Social Services, Education, Psychology or a related field;
- Experience in working with diverse individuals during a period of significant transition and connecting them to support resources for a variety of needs inside or outside of an academic setting, coaching or supporting students;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal, documentation and organizational skills;
- Computer competency;
- Ability to be patient and provide excellent student service in a busy work environment;
- Ability to get along with others, foster an environment where diverse populations feel valued, work under stress and follow directions;
- Other qualities, experiences, and skills that enhance one’s value to the institution.
Posting Date: 01/05/2022
Open Until Filled: Yes
First Pool Date: 02/04/2022
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work.
Applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references in the reference section of the application.
An official transcript documenting the advertised minimum education requirement, is required upon hire. If your college/university is not from a US awarding institution, you must have your education credentials evaluated by a company that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). Please refer to the NACES website for further information (www.naces.org)