Director of Advising
Ferrum College is seeking applications for a Director of Advising. The Director of Advising will provide leadership in developing and maintaining a learner-centered, case management and culturally responsive advising system for new and continuing students that integrates advising throughout the students' entire college experience. They will develop and coordinate training for all academic advisors. They will advise students concerning their academic plans, progress, and academic/career goals, in order to assist the students in making personal education decisions and meeting graduation requirements.
- Develops, implements and assesses academic advising goals in conjunction with Dean of Academic Success and the Vice President of Academic Affairs.
- Develops an academic advising assessment plan which includes the assessment of the timeliness and effectiveness of all College advisors.
- Partners with Career Services in developing and implementing collaborative advising and career goals.
- Compiles and present reports, proposals and recommendations related to advising in collaboration with faculty, the Registrar's Office and the College community.
- Designs and implements the Ferrum College Academic Advising Center, including management of the Advising Center budget.
- Designs and implements effective, research based, and ongoing training programs for faculty advisors to ensure outstanding, holistic, consistent and proactive academic advising services to students.
- Develops an advising resource center (in conjunction with Career Services) with paper and digital information appropriate to the needs of Ferrum College students.
- Works closely with community college transfer advisors; makes appropriate referrals and serves, in coordination with the Ferrum College Admissions Department, as a recruitment agent for the College.
- Master's Degree in Education, Counseling, or a related field.
- 1-3 years of experience, preferably in a higher education setting.
- Proficiency with advising software and degree audit programs.
- Ability to cultivate and sustain relationships with diverse audiences.
- Ability to work collaboratively.
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Prior experience providing training and support to faculty, staff, and students.
- Ability to work with multiple deadlines and multiple projects simultaneously.
For this position we offer an excellent compensation and benefits package which includes medical, dental, life, STD/LTD insurances, and a 403(b) retirement plan.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer