Jay Truck Cook
Dining Services at Elizabethtown College is currently seeking a full-time Food Truck Cook. The primary purpose of this position is to ensure quality hot food production and excellent customer service for the mobile food truck known as “The Jay Truck”.
Why join our flock?
o $500 sign-on bonus
o FREE tuition benefits for full-time employees, spouse & dependents
o PAID time off between Christmas/New Years
o Uniforms provided
o Free access to Bowers Center including exercise equipment & pool and Library
- Sell food from a mobile food truck including beverages and various sundries
- Set-up mobile food truck on a daily basis
- Provide excellent customer service
- Work in a “clean as you go” atmosphere
- Inventory food truck items before and after each event
- Utilize knives, cooking utensils, and all kitchen equipment effectively
- Maintain highest levels of safety and sanitation at all times, while also maintaining records of such
- Train student personnel
High school diploma or GED is required; plus two years of food service experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position requires a valid driver’s license for business travel purposes (individual must have a valid US driver’s license for at least three years; a motor vehicle record check will be run and the incumbent must pass the College’s MVR rating system).
- Associate’s degree from an accredited culinary institute
- Previous experience running a food truck, a plus!
Posting Number : AS454P
Open Date : 12/22/2021
Open Until Filled : Yes
Hours Per Week Full-Time 12 Months
Work Schedule Friday 6:00 pm - 2:30 am, Saturday 6:30 pm - 3:00 am, Sunday, Monday and Thursday 4:00 pm - 12:30 am, off every Tue and Wed. Schedule may change based on college events & needs
Salary per hour $13.50-$15.79/hr. plus shift differential
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
About Elizabethtown College
Located in southeastern Pennsylvania, Elizabethtown College offers its 1,600 students more than 55 academic programs in the liberal arts, sciences and professional studies. Driven by its commitment to “Educate for Service,” Elizabethtown centers learning in strong relationships, links classroom instruction with experiential learning, emphasizes international and cross-cultural perspectives and nurtures the capacity for lives of purpose and leadership as global citizens. For more information, consult https://www.etown.edu.
As an equal opportunity employer, Elizabethtown College is seeking candidates who will enhance the diversity of its faculty, staff, and administration.