Job TitleStudent Development Assistant
Position StatusPart Time
Grant Funding SourceNA
Provides assistance in the total clerical functions of the department to include data entry, student assistance, transcript evaluation, and degree planning and graduation procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Assists in the evaluation of student transcripts
• Inputs transfer work and degree plan course substitutions in the computer
• Maintains student records and files
• Orders, receives and files transcripts
• Receives visitors and answers phone
• Processes time cards and keeps appropriate records
• Screens students for degree plans and advisement appointments
• File degree plans and other official documents
• Maintains budget records and prepares reports
• Explains graduation procedures
• Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
• Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through Tarrant County College (TCC)
• Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation and creativity and service to the College
• Supports the mission, values and 3 goals and 8 principles of the College
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• High School diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
• One (1) year of experience providing service to the public
Desired Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
• Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
• Experience with computerized systems
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Special Instructions Summary
This is a part-time position, maximum 19.5 hrs. per week. Flexibility is required as part-time work schedules may vary based on individual campus/departmental needs including evenings and weekends.