Job TitleBusiness Analyst
Position StatusFull Time
Assignment LengthThis field only applies to Faculty
Pay RateCommensurate with education and experience.
The Business Analyst identifies and implements responsible purchasing practices through analysis of vendor selection and purchase procedures; assists in cost reductions by evaluating District and campus purchasing methods, identifying and limiting controllable expenses; supports e-procurement system as a liaison to the department; and supports TCCD minority business utilization goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Creates and maintains statistical procurement reporting tools to support the procurement
• Serves as the point of contact for procurement staff to review commodity purchase trends and suggested cost efficient and sustainable purchase recommendations
• Performs within the ethics and guidelines of Texas Laws and TCC Policy
• Supports managers and buyers with statistical data to determine method of procurement such as direct purchase, cooperative agreement, job order contractor, request for proposal
• Reviews and evaluate bids/proposals for pricing trends based on scope of work
• Prepares Weekly and Monthly measurable procurement reports
• Prepares MWBE utilization reports by firm, county, and certification
• Verifies and maintains e procurement system and provides support to the procurement department via reporting process
• Provides support for district questions regarding procedures and systems related to e procurement system
• Understands that customer service is a priority; works closely with user groups and key stakeholders
• Works under the guidance of the Director of Procurement and the Purchasing Manager
• Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
• Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through Tarrant County College (TCC)
• Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation and creativity and service to the College
• Supports the mission, values and 3 goals and 8 principles of the College
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• Bachelor’s degree; or any equivalent combination of education, training, certification, and related experience
Desired Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• Programming experience
• Experience with ERP systems and Cloud based eProcurement systems
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
• Proficiency with database, spreadsheet and presentation software
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
• Experience with computerized systems, particularly those related to database statistical reporting methods
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.