EOE STATEMENT: The Women's Business Development Center is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Further WBDC information is available at www.WBDC.org.
The Consultant of Strategic Partnerships is responsible for the execution of initiatives and programs with community partners, strategic alliance partners, and corporate funders/supporters to fulfill the WBDC's goals and objectives, program expectations, and development goals. This includes, but is not limited to, engaging in coalition building, enhancing the WBDC brand and reach in target markets, special initiatives and strategies, and elevating the brand of WBDC in targeted communities.
The Consultant is responsible for converting corporate and community partners into "signature collaborations"-those corporate and local partnerships that have multiple interfaces with our programs, services and clients. The Consultant will assist in creating a strategic framework of programs and special initiatives to be leveraged across all regional markets to create trust, increase knowledge and gain advocacy with universities/community colleges, corporations, local government and key community groups. The Consultant works closely with WBDC program directors to determine trends and new program lines that will return value to corporate partners, clients and the communities served. Programs and initiatives may include WBDC-sponsored programs/events, participation in key local events, and partnerships and networking with key influencer groups and various corporate sponsors.
REPORTS TO: Managing Director of Program Innovations
- Execute WBDC's strategic plan to identify, grow and strengthen relationships with corporate, educational, community and local government channels
- Play an active role in developing collaborative programs, analyzing project goals, creating implementation plans, and then driving WBDC team members, external stakeholders, subject matter experts, and others to achieve those goals.
- Collect data from multiple sources, including clients, community partners, and WBDC internal teams, and compile it into a digestible and actionable format.
- Track key performance indicators to help support the project and ensure project success.
- Write proposals and/or grants to secure partnerships and funding for corporate and community strategic alliances to serve clients
- Identify partnership opportunities with key influencers that can be leveraged across the State of Illinois and regional markets in the Midwest
- Conduct and participate in meetings, and serve on various corporate and community boards, committees and projects as needed
- Engage in significant community outreach and networking to maximize program participation and impact
- Represent WBDC at various trade shows and special events
- Perform related duties as needed given scope of work, including training and small business consulting services
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experienced professional with 4-6 years of progressively responsible business experience
- Established network of community and corporate connections within the Greater Chicagoland area preferred
- Self-motivation and discipline to regularly set and achieve work goals
- Comfort in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary environment
- Experience initiating and building highly collaborative relationships with prospective corporate and community representatives
- Strong organization skills with ability to manage priorities and deadlines
- Project management skills, including problem solving and ability to work with diverse teams and organizations with a passion for women's economic development
FULL-TIME/PART-TIME: Independent Contractor
LOCATION: IL, Chicago
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION: The Women's Business Development Center (WBDC) is a nationally recognized 501(c)(3) business growth center and economic development organization with 35 years of experience helping women and other diverse entrepreneurs establish and grow sustainable businesses that create jobs and fuel economic growth. The WBDC delivers programs and services throughout the greater Chicago area and certifies women owned businesses and offers procurement services in a nine state Midwest region.