Savannah Technical College is seeking a Part-Time Clerical Services Worker/Program Assistant for the Economic Development Division. This grant-funded position works as-needed, up to a maximum of nineteen (19) hours per week. Under the supervision of the Executive Director for the Strengthening Community College Training Grant, this individual performs a variety of clerical duties for the grant. Job duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Completing administrative tasks and special projects as requested.
- Providing logistics support with consortium college members.
- Monitoring and maintaining office equipment and supplies.
- Maintaining filing and record-keeping systems.
- Monitoring budgets and expenditures to ensure grant compliance.
- Experience in performing general office work to include telephone usage, filing, typing, handling customer questions and complaints, data entry, computer usage and/or bookkeeping/accounting.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Previous work experience in an educational setting.
- Excellent skill in verbal and written communicaiton.
The employee occasionally lifts or moves objects of a light to medium weight. Work is typically performed in an office environment with intermittent sitting, standing, or walking in various settings. The employee must be able to lift up to 25 pounds. Full range of hand and finger motion may be utilized for data entry purposes.
Salary is commensurate with education and work experience.
Position considered open until filled. Candidates must pass a criminal background check and reference check. Applicants must submit an electronic application through Team Georgia Careers, and attach cover letter and resume (incomplete submissions will not be considered). Please include your annual salary for each position held.
POSITION CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AND ALLOCATION OF POSITION.
Note: No phone inquiries please. Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to personally contact each applicant. If we are interested in scheduling an interview, a representative from our college will contact you.
All male applicants between the ages of 18 and 26 years of age must present proof of Selective Service Registration. Savannah Technical College is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, or citizenship status (except those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). Invitation to Self-Identify For compliance activities, contact Melissa Banks, Title IX and Equity Coordinator, Room A110 or (912) 443-3388, email@example.com. Send written correspondence to Savannah Technical College, Attn: Melissa Banks, 5717 White Bluff Road, Savannah, GA 31405. STC is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the associate degree. Candidates may be required to submit a valid Driver’s License, proof of insurability, and/or a driver’s history report for positions involving state travel.