Under the direction of the College’s Controller, the Staff Accountant will perform a variety of technical and advanced clerical accounting duties to support the College’s administration. This position also performs a fiscal review of the LCCC Foundation's endowed, non-endowed, and scholarship funds; maintains the financial database; and performs a variety of financial administration and reporting tasks.
- This position is 50% funded through CARES and 50% Foundation.
Salary is restricted to above range and will not exceed the maximum of the range. Salary offers are non negotiable and offers are determined and are based upon related work experience submitted on resume.
LCCC Internal candidates must apply within 15 days of posting.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript through our online application system* at *www.lccc.edu/jobs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains fundraising software financial database; enters and analyzes data; creates reports.
- Process and monitor the disbursement of Foundation funds; receives requests for funds; processes payments; prepares checks and cover letters; obtains required signatures.
- Prepares bank deposits; maintains income records; monitors the collection of donations/payments to ensure that revenues and expenditures are properly accounted for and distributed to appropriate funds.
- Prepares ending balance projections and analysis for scholarships, endowed, and non-endowed funds.
- Creates monthly financial statements that include revenue, disbursements, and earnings, and revenue.
- Prepares quarterly board meeting reports.
- Compiles and maintains audit-ready files to ensure all documentation is provided in accordance with LCCC Foundation regulations and in compliance with state and federal laws.
- Coordinates the independent annual audit; compiles necessary paperwork for auditors; and responds to auditor questions.
- Prepares year-end financial statements and footnotes.
- Performs general accounting duties such as journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Manages budget and prepares reporting for special projects and/or grants.
- Performs related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field from an accredited institution.
Foreign degrees – must provide a US equivalency report of your degree credentials with your transcript, if not, your resume will not be accepted.*
- Act 153 Clearances (Act 34 PA Criminal Background, Act 151 PA Child Abuse History, Act 114 FBI Clearance Fingerprinting)
- Non-profit experience.
- Three years of experience in accounting field with technical experience in managing databases and reporting.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Advanced user of Quickbooks software.
- Must possess a high level of the following work skills and behaviors: teamwork/cooperation, initiative, customer service, and commitment to continuous professional growth in skills and knowledge
- Knowledge of fundraising software and the ability to facilitate migration of data to a new software platform.
Lehigh Carbon Community College provides the following benefits to full-time staff:
1. Health Insurance -Medical benefit/Prescription Drug/ and Dental benefit plans covering full-time staff, spouse, and dependents.
3. Flexible Spending Account
4. Life and Accidental Death Dismemberment - A term life and A.D. &D. insurance policy equal to two times the employee's salary will be provided.
5. Long-Term Disability Insurance
6. Vacation/Sick/Personal Choice Days
7. Employee Assistance Program
8. Education Assistance Program
9. Tuition Waiver for Lehigh Carbon Community College
11. Bereavement Leave
12. 13 Paid Holidays
Location: $43,469.00 - $58,248.00 Annually, Schnecksville, PA 18078