The Director of Business & Management position is directly accountable to the Dean of Career Education for the following duties and responsibilities:
- Designated as Director of the Associate and Bachelor business and Management degree programs.
- Provide leadership in organizing, administering, reviewing, developing, and assuring program effectiveness.
- Schedule courses to meet the student needs and assign faculty members to classes.
- Prepare all related program reports, reviews, evaluations, and budgets.
- Identify part-time (adjunct) faculty members and review their qualifications.
- Provide leadership and coordination for the Sister City Exchange Program.
- Participate in staff meetings, community activities, college committees, and special assigned committees, as appropriate.
- Communicate effectively with staff and faculty members. Evaluate faculty members and staff on a regular basis.
- Directly supervise the staff assistant and arrange for adequate clerical support for the instructional activities.
- Meet with students and resolve student-faculty concerns. Assist in recruiting, advising, and guiding students enrolled in Business and Management programs.
- Organize the local advisory committee to provide program guidance.
- Coordinate and maintain periodic contact with local business and industry representatives.
- Teach six (6) credit hours per fall and spring academic semester, reduced teaching assignments or overloads supported by the Dean and approved by the Vice President of Academic Affairs.
- Support college activities to enhance a positive image of the college in the community.
- As a part of the college's risk management tool annual mandatory compliance training is required
- Perform other duties and services as assigned.
- Master's degree or higher in a Business related discipline with a minimum of 18 graduate semester hours in area of specialization.
- Supervisory experience in an educational setting preferred.
- Administrative experience in an educational setting preferred.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communication.
- Work experience in a postsecondary educational setting preferred.
- All degrees must be from a regionally-accredited postsecondary institution.
Classification: Administrative I
Location: Niceville Campus
FLSA Status: Exempt
Application Deadline: March 19, 2021 (11:00 pm CST)