The Admissions Assistant is responsible for answering the phone, greeting visitors, furnishing packets to prospective students, and performing general office and secretarial duties in the Admissions Office.
At a minimum, the essential functions of the Admissions Assistant shall include:
- Answering all calls from the phone queue system.
- Ability to work with sensitive and confidential documents.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Keying student data for applications, creating files, maintaining and updating active and inactive records. Preparing new students files and typing identifying labels.
- Notifying students by letter about acceptance to College, conditional admission status and unconditional status. Sending letters and brochures concerning new student orientation and placement testing dates. Sending each student that applies or readmits a class schedule. Sorting correspondence according to postal guidelines.
- Providing statistical data on enrollment of new and former applicants prior to each registration and keeping a count of new applications that apply and do not attend.
- Entering, editing and retrieving data on College mainframe system.
- Filing all documents as required for the student record.
- Training work study students.
- Operating general office machines and computer equipment.
- Assisting with registration.
- Assisting at the counter as needed: processing withdrawal forms, passing out and accepting completed application forms, taking student data changes, answering questions about the College and directing people to the correct department.
- Handling communications by telephone.
- Printing duplicate student schedules.
- Assisting with graduation.
- Checking office supply levels. Processing requisitions, receiving materials, verifying deliveries. Securing equipment repair as needed. Assisting with periodic inventory control requests from the Business Office.
- Keeping office neat and presentable. Seeing that any materials approved for shredding are shredded.
- Filling in for/assisting other support personnel in the office in the event of absence, emergency, etc.
- Working cooperatively with all departments, divisions and personnel on Campus to carry out the mission of the College
- Making suggestions to the Dean concerning improvement of the office, in keeping with policy and procedure.
- Performs other duties as required.
Salary level will be determined by educational attainment in accordance with the Alabama Community College System Salary Schedule E4-06.
A complete application packet consists of the following
- A completed Coastal Alabama Community College online application form (All sections must be completed)
- A signed cover letter describing specifically how your experience and qualifications meet the minimum requirements.
- Current resume' showing education degrees earned and complete employment history.
- Copies of transcripts from all colleges attended where degrees were conferred. For verification purposes the name of the institution and student must appear on the transcript submitted. Degree(s) must be posted on transcripts. Official copies will be required if employed with the institution
All applicants are required
to apply on-line for job opportunities. To apply on-line, go to http://www.coastalalabama.edu/employment/ click on the job title you are interested in and then click on the "Apply" link. If this is the first time you are applying using our on-line job application, you will need to create an account and select a Username and Password.
Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications as indicated in this vacancy announcement and must submit a completed application packet in order to be considered for an open position. Only completed applications received during the period of this vacancy announcement will be considered.
- It is recommended that you have digital (PDF) copies of your resume and unofficial and/or official transcripts. You will be required to upload this during the application process.
- You must complete the reference section to include names, titles, physical mailing addresses, email addresses and phone numbers, while you are completing the application for employment.
- We do not accept paper, faxed or emailed applications and application materials.
- You may not put "see resume" on any section of the application form.
- Please ensure that uploads are not behind a paywall or a password-protected area. The screening committee may disqualify your application packet if required uploads are inaccessible.
- When you finish the steps to apply to a job, you will receive an on-screen notice that you've successfully applied. However, this notice does not mean your application materials are complete.
- Correspondence regarding positions (i.e. scheduled interview appointment, position filled announcement) will be sent to applicants through the e-mail address used on the applicants' NEOGOV accounts. Applicants are required to monitor their e-mail accounts for updates regarding positions.
- Incomplete application packets will eliminate the possibility of an interview. It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to ensure his or her application packet is complete.
Applications should be submitted no later than 11:59 p.m. CST on Thursday, March 11 , 2020,
and will only be accepted through the online
Applicants who fail to submit a completed application packet will be disqualified.
The President will appoint a Screening and Interview Committee to include representatives of the College faculty and staff. This committee will employ appropriate procedures, including the review of application packets, interview, and demonstration of competency, to determine which applicants are to be recommended to the President for further consideration. From all the applications received, a screening committee will select the applicants to be interviewed. All initial interviews will be conducted in person and applicants must travel at their own expense.
Coastal Alabama Community College is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the Alabama Community College System, including all postsecondary community and technical colleges under the control of the Alabama Community College System Board of Trustees, that no employee or applicant for employment or promotion, shall be discriminated against on the basis of any impermissible criterion or characteristic including, without limitation, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, disability, sex, age or any other protected class as defined by federal and state law.
It is College policy to provide equal opportunity for employment and advancement to all applicants and employees as required by appropriate federal and state law.
Coastal Alabama Community College will make reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled applicants or employees. Applicants in need of an accommodation(s), should contact the Human Resources Office prior to the interview.
Coastal Alabama Community College reserves the right to withdraw this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding.
The College reserves the right not to fill the positions in the event of budgetary or operational constraints.
Coastal Alabama Community College is a multi-campus organization and employees of the College may be assigned to work at any of the College worksites, may be required to travel among various work sites for both day, evening, and weekend responsibilities, and must provide their own mode of transportation.
Coastal Alabama Community College is an active participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-verify). E-verify electronically confirms an employee's eligibility to work in the United States as required by the Department of Homeland Security.
In accordance with Alabama Community College System policy and procedures, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a consent form for a criminal background check. Employment will be contingent upon the receipt of a clearance notification from the criminal background check.
Applicants must adhere to the College's prescribed interview schedule and must travel at their own expense.