Adjunct Instructor, English (Continuous Posting)
Expected Work Schedule
varies depending on course schedule needs
Anticipated Hours per Week
3-12 credit hours
Job Description Summary
An instructor in this position teaches curriculum-level courses for students in the English Department at A-B Tech. He/she possesses the knowledge and skills to teach and supervise students in the classroom.
Teach English courses and supervise students in a variety of times and formats (day, evening, online, hybrid, 8-week flex, Saturday) with contact hours per week ranging as assigned. Some off-campus teaching may be required (Madison site, Enka site, etc.). Develop teaching materials, activities, handouts, and a gradebook/ attendance record to be posted on the class Moodle site. Abide by policies, standards, goals, and objectives of the college and department. Participate in assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation activities to improve the instructional quality of the program.
1. Master’s degree in English or Master’s degree in a related field with at least 18 graduate semester hours in English. 2. At least one year of college teaching experience.
1. At least two years of college teaching experience. 2. Experience with hybrid or online teaching in Moodle.
Special Instructions to Applicants
1. This is a continuous recruitment to create an applicant pool, openings may or may not exist at this time. Applications are evaluated on an as-needed basis only when hiring managers have a position that needs to be filled or class(es) that need to be staffed from semester-to-semester. Continuous postings will remain open for a period of 12 months. Applicants of continuous postings may or may not be notified as to the outcome of their candidacy. When new continuous postings become available, we encourage you to reapply.
2. Upon submitting your on-line application, unofficial transcript must be uploaded to your application for the related degree(s) listed in the “Minimum Requirements” and/or “Preferred Qualifications” section of the job posting. The unofficial transcript must list the individual courses taken. Diplomas will not be considered in lieu of an unofficial transcript.
3. If selected for hire, official sealed transcripts from a regionally accredited institution are required to be received a minimum of two business weeks before the first day of work. Failure to comply may result in revocation of the job offer.