Coahoma Community College is seeking an experienced OSHA Safety Trainer to deliver high-impact training and technical assistance to area businesses. The objective of the Trainer is to sufficiently prepare trainees to meet the minimum industry safety standards required by OSHA and meet companies’ safety standards for a safe work environment. This is a non-contractual, part-time, temporary position.
General Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Based on business needs, identify and develop safety training strategies.
- Plan, prepare, and execute training strategies by facilitating classes, providing technical assistance, and/or individual coaching.
- Work collaboratively with employers to ensure the curriculum and learning outcomes prepare employees for success at work.
- Determine the appropriate tools, techniques, methodologies and timing of improvement activities to meet business objectives.
- Develop customized participant training materials, active learning activities and events.
- Deliver customized safety and OSHA courses.
- Manage classroom and shop to ensure a productive and safe learning environment.
- Prepare course outlines, lecture content and hands-practice activities that demonstrates the goals and outcomes of the safety training.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strong organizational skills, interpersonal skills, teamwork, and ability to prioritize multiple tasks while remaining customer-focused.
- Ability to work independently, remain flexible in a fast-paced environment, and handle customer issues in a timely manner.
- Ability to clearly communicate training content to employees.
- Ability to be patient with employees and demonstrate professionalism at all times.
- Ability to manage employees, class time and course training materials.
- Ability to arrive at company site of training to prepare classroom, equipment and start on time.
- Has own vehicle for travel, liability and insurance.
- At least (5) years of direct industry experience.
- Computer proficient.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Experience will be given consideration in lieu of degree.
- NOTE: This is a non-contractual, part-time, as needed, temporary position.
About Coahoma Community College:
Coahoma Community College is an accredited public comprehensive institution of higher learning committed to providing accessible, affordable, diverse, and quality educational programs and services. The ninety-nine acre campus lies in an agrarian setting along Clarksdale-Friars Point Road near the Mississippi River, which forms the western boundary of Coahoma County. Bordered on the east by a quiet and picturesque lake, the school site is conducive to wholesome recreation as well as to serious study.