The Director of the Early Childhood Center of Excellence recommends and coordinates strategies for providing high quality education, programming and practice in early childhood development as part of the College’s overall commitment to serving the early childhood sector in the Santa Fe community and beyond. Must be committed to serving a diverse college community and must actively participate in and contribute to continuous quality improvement.
This is a grant/restricted funded position and contingent upon continuation of sufficient funding.
- Master’s degree in Early Childhood Education, Educational Leadership or related field.
- Seven (7) years’ experience providing professional development in early childhood education, funding streams, revenue building and grant writing.
- Equivalent related experience may be substituted for education on a year for year basis.
- Background check required.
- Ability to temporarily work remotely with reliable home internet
- PhD preferred
- Higher education teaching experience
- Experience in the development and sustaining of projects and programs
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of child development theory and early childhood education best practices.
- Knowledge of personnel management principles.
- Knowledge of professional development in early childhood education.
- Knowledge of budgeting processes
- Skill in community outreach and creating partnerships.
- Skill in decision making, problem solving and oral and written communication.
- Ability to supervise and evaluate staff.
- Ability to represent the Center with the public and in forums, conferences and board meetings.
- Ability to apply sustainability concepts into work systems.
- Ability to conduct research in early childhood education, including curriculum, advocacy, current data, trends and government policy.
- Ability to conceptualize, implement, monitor and evaluate programs.
Posting Date 01/29/2021 Closing Date 02/28/2021 Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants
Applications are disqualified in the first level of review if they do not meet all Minimum Qualifications listed in this job posting. (Years of experience are calculated based upon numbers of hours worked per week. Example: 2 years of experience working 20 hours per week equals 1 year of experience.)
Relevant experience pertains to Minimum Qualifications, Job Summary/Basic Function, and Preferred Qualifications/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities described in this job posting.
ASSUMPTIONS ARE NOT MADE at any level of SFCC’s Hiring Process if information presented in the application material does not clearly address the Minimum Qualifications, Job Summary/Basic Function, and Preferred Qualifications/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities. Number of pages of application material will not negatively/positively affect your application, however, LACK OF DETAIL may.
As Santa Fe Community College (SFCC) neighbors ancient Pueblo lands, and is a Sanctuary campus in a Sanctuary city, SFCC is committed to attracting and retaining highly qualified and richly diverse faculty and staff. Our students need a community to teach and support them and that represents their diversity. SFCC strives to make our campus a place of safety, inclusion and equity where all individuals from all diverse backgrounds feel welcomed, nurtured and valued.
At the heart of SFCC’s mission – Empower Students, Strengthen Community. Empoderar a los Estudiantes, Fortalecer a la Comunidad – is a commitment and promise that higher education and opportunity should be open to everyone in our community and to fostering a climate where students can be who they want to be. A place where all within our community belong. A place where you are seen, a place where you are valued, a place where you are respected, a place where you are appreciated. Come join our community!
- The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table or while standing, walking, bending, crouching or stooping. The employee may occasionally lift light to medium objects.
- The work is typically performed in an office and in the local community.
- Leads, develops and directs all aspects of the Early Childhood Center of Excellence.
- Develops a programmatic and financial plan in conjunction with the Vice President for Academic Affairs, the SFCC Foundation, and the Governing Board to ensure the long-term success of the program.
- Oversees operation of Kids Campus and First Born program.
- Provides leadership of the College’s early childhood academic program and its links with Kids Campus and the community’s early childhood sector, including support for interdisciplinary research, scholarship, and professional development activities.
- Builds and sustains connections among the college’s schools, departments and programs and stimulates connections with community, state and national resources related to early childhood studies.
- Oversees business services initiatives that support new start-ups and existing early childhood providers.
- Creates a public policy function that will research and advocate for improved policy and increased funding for early childhood.
- Leads the development of dynamic community partnerships and outreach activities among early childhood development providers, including informal child-care providers and the families using these services, and with government entities and other community groups.
- Develops professional development opportunities and hosts events across entities, such as high schools, colleges, agencies, and the community at large.
- Serves as a member of the SFCC Early Childhood Advisory Council.
- Develops and maintains budget and oversees all financial matters associated with the Center and provides written reports as required.
- Promote SFCC’s diversity and educational goals. Support diversity and inclusion need assessment and initiatives.
- Although the above are typical of the duties and responsibilities normally performed, additional duties and responsibilities requiring similar skills, knowledge and dexterity may be required.
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Reference 1
- Letter of Reference 2
- Letter of Reference 3
- Unofficial Transcript 1