University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine, Center for Health Artificial Intelligence
Working Job Title: Director of Finance and Administration
Official Job Title: Business Services Director
Position # 00779869 – Requisition #19598
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The Center for Health Artificial Intelligence has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Director of Finance and Administration position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
NOTE: THIS POSITION IS OPEN ONLY TO CURRENT, PERMANENT UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO EMPLOYEES
Nature of Work
The position serves as the Director of Finance and Administration (DFA) for the Center for Health Artificial Intelligence which resides in the School of Medicine at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus. The Center for Health Artificial Intelligence is a new center that will build communities that use sophisticated data analysis methods to advance research. The Center aims to develop techniques that advance research and practice using artificial intelligence guided by values that promote equity and lead to improved care.
The DFA reports directly to the Center Director and has a dotted reporting relationship to the School of Medicine Senior Associate Dean of Administration and Finance
The DFA directly supervises Center administrative staff including daily administrative support, pre- and post-award grant support teams, and dedicated programmatic staff
Examples of Work Performed
- Oversee and direct all Center fiscal, human resources, administrative and operational activities
- Regularly review Center financial statements and ensure fiscal viability
- Facilitate fiscal and financial planning and financial analysis, as needed
- Ensure compliance with compensation models, practices, regulations and policies
- Partner, collaborate, and provide direction to internal and external stakeholders and partners on financial management, administration, and operations
- Monitor and manage faculty practice plan/activities for the Center
- Engage in development activities related to finding new or expanded funding sources and opportunities
- Represent the Center to visitors, clients, media and the public and serve as a Public Relations liaison for constituents
- Coordinate Center staff and efforts to recruit a diverse set of students, postdoctoral researchers, staff, and faculty to the Center and School and build a thriving community in service of the Center’s mission
- Proactively identify opportunities for operational improvement, identify and evaluate potential solutions. and manage projects to improve operations
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed and is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change and evolve based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125
Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at email@example.com.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.