Lincoln Land Community College is currently accepting applications for a Grounds Maintenance Worker to assist in overseeing the campus grounds by maintaining, cleaning and caring for lawns, parking lots, roadways, sidewalks, athletic fields, flowerbeds, shrubs and trees.
Student Workers will perform the following duties:
- Irrigate, trim, edge, aerate and mow lawns and turfed areas.
- Establish new lawns, plant trees, shrubs, hedges, and flowers.
- Perform a variety of general maintenance duties; install campus signs; set up and take down folding chairs; staging for campus events; set up and remove barricades and traffic cones; and moving furniture and other equipment.
- Remove trash, clippings, trimmings and leaves from parking lots, sidewalks, and grounds.
- Assist in the performance of routine maintenance of equipment, including changing of oil, greasing, sharpening of blades, restringing weed eaters, and making repairs on grounds keeping equipment.
- Assist with preventative maintenance and repair work on parking lots, roads and sidewalks.
- Operate motorized equipment, including trucks, tractors, riding and push mowers, chainsaws, weed eaters, and edgers.
- Remove snow and ice from sidewalks, parking lots and roads.
- Maintain cleanliness of vehicles, equipment, and work areas.
All LLCC Student Workers have the following institutional responsibilities:
- Uphold LLCC’s mission, as well as certain standards of conduct within the College and in dealings with students, staff, faculty and the general public.
- Responsible for compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and other regulations with regard to confidentiality of and access to student and other institutional records.
Student Workers will be paid minimum wage. Students will be scheduled to work up to 20 hours per week, between the hours of 6:00AM and 3:30PM, Monday through Friday, at the main campus.
Requirements include the following:
- Must maintain satisfactory academic progress.
- Must be enrolled at least half-time (6 credit hours) during the semester of employment, with the exception of summer term.
- Complete LLCC’s mandatory harassment prevention training within 30 days of employment.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license. If at any point during your employment in this position you lose your license, you must notify your supervisor immediately.
- Workers must be able to meet physical requirements as follows:
*Push, pull or carry large or bulky objects/equipment
*Lift up to 100 lbs. to shoulder height and up to 70 lbs. overhead on a regular basis
*Stand for long periods of time
*Walk up to 1 mile
*Conducts regular overhead work
*Grip, hold and operate vibration producing power equipment
*Dexterity to bend, stoop and lift on a regular basis
*Frequent climbing (ex. ladders, stairs)
*Ability to withstand weather conditions, including extreme cold and extreme hot
- Must supply own slip resistant safety shoes and wear during shift.
If working with minors, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.