The RNA Research Division of New England Biolabs (NEB) invites applicants for the position of Postdoctoral Fellow. The successful candidate will join a collaborative research team aimed at mapping and dissecting the role of RNA modifications. Project will involve identification and characterization of novel RNA modifying enzymes, and their molecular biology applications, especially in the field of epitranscriptomics. Research will be undertaken in a highly collaborative and academic environment where publication of results is expected.
- Plan and conduct experiments to identify and characterize novel RNA modifying enzymes.
- Design and develop innovative strategies to use the characterized enzymes in molecular biology, especially in mapping of the epitranscriptomic modifications.
- Effectively communicate results to a larger scientific audience through conference attendance and departmental seminars.
- Write and publish articles in peer-reviewed journals.
- Ph.D. in biological sciences.
- Publication of original scientific work in high-quality journals.
- Strong work ethic, emphasizing both efficiency and quality of work.
- Track record of successful RNA research.
- Hands-on experience conducting nucleic acid biochemistry experiments.
- Prior experience with protein expression and purification, while not required, is a plus.
- Experience with NGS library preparation and data analysis.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative setting.
New England Biolabs, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of Minorities, Females, Disabled and Protected Veterans and a participating employer in the Employment Verification (E-Verify) program. More in-depth details of EEO are available here .
If you need an accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an email to email@example.com or call 978-927-5054 to let us know the nature of your request.