Postdoctoral Associate / Research Scientist position is available now till it is filled. The Plasma and Pulsed Power Lab is seeking an enthusiastic and productive researcher in the area of plasma physics or engineering. The researcher will be working on projects in fundamental studies of pulsed plasma sources employing optical spectroscopy and imaging. Strong communication skills with evidence of publications are required. Experiences in plasma diagnostics, laser spectroscopy, and high-speed imaging are preferred. A recent PhD degree in physics or engineering in the relevant field is encouraged to apply.
Resume, a statement of research interest, and three references (with contact info: email address and phone number) are required for the application.
To apply, visit http://researchfoundation.odu.edu/ then click on the employment tab and follow the link. follow the link. Please include in your application CV, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) references. Specify position #20-002. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. AA/EOE/M/F/D/V/DFW.
1. Designing and conducting non-equilibrium plasma experiments;
2. Designing and fabricating plasma devices;
3. Performing advanced plasma diagnostics;
4. Delivering high quality talks, documentation and publishing journal papers;
5. Collaborating and working/guiding undergraduate and graduate students.