Under minimal supervision of the President of the technical college, the Vice President for Academic Affairs performs the following duties (this list is not intended to be exhaustive):
- plans, administers and evaluates institutional services to include supervision and leadership in the activities of personnel as related to instruction;
- recommends the implementation or continuance or discontinuance of instructional programs and approves new curricula and revisions;
- develops and maintains in-service activities;
- promotes the technical college by addressing interested groups and by preparing news releases;
- manages and oversees financial/budget operation of the department;
- monitors the activities of personnel to ensure compliance with TCSG policy manual and department procedures;
- develops and/or assists with the development of policies and procedures and recommends changes to effectively meet the goals and requirements of the program;
- may conduct hearings for appeals of suspended students;
- evaluates employees at scheduled intervals upon reviewing of all relevant information;
- conducts regular evaluation of services provided, and makes adjustments as needed;
- keeps abreast of policies, procedures, and state or federal laws that may impact department initiatives;
- works collaboratively with other technical college departments to ensure students are provided course schedules which allow on-time completion;
- works collaboratively with Student Affairs personnel to implement a comprehensive plan which ensures all applicants receive information regarding program selection, admission requirements, curriculum content and other pertinent program/career information
A Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in education, business, technology or a related field *and* five (5) years of work experience in a post-secondary education environment.
Preferred Qualifications (In addition to the minimum qualifications)
At least five years of full-time paid work experience within the past seven years within a Technical College System of Georgia institution. Teaching experience at a technical college is strongly preferred along with supervisory experience. Demonstrated skills in training and/or personnel development. Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communications skills. Experience in curriculum development, instructional methodology, planning, evaluation, budgeting, supervision and management.
Work is typically performed in an office environment with intermittent sitting or walking in various settings. Must frequently lift and carry lightweight objects. Full range of hand and finger motion may be utilized for data entry purposes. Driver’s License and evidence of insurability required.
Target salary is commensurate with education and work experience. Benefits include paid state holidays, annual and sick leave, and the State of Georgia Flexible Benefits package.
Position considered open until filled. Candidates must pass a criminal background check and reference check. Applicants must submit an electronic application through Team Georgia Careers, and attach cover letter and resume (incomplete submissions will not be considered). Please include your annual salary for each position held.
POSITION CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AND ALLOCATION OF POSITION.
Note: No phone inquiries please. Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to personally contact each applicant. If we are interested in scheduling an interview, a representative from our college will contact you.
All male applicants between the ages of 18 and 26 years of age must present proof of Selective Service Registration. Savannah Technical College is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, or citizenship status (except those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). Invitation to Self-Identify For compliance activities, contact Melissa Banks, Title IX and Equity Coordinator, Room A110 or (912) 443-3388, firstname.lastname@example.org. Send written correspondence to Savannah Technical College, Attn: Melissa Banks, 5717 White Bluff Road, Savannah, GA 31405. STC is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the associate degree. Candidates may be required to submit a valid Driver’s License, proof of insurability, and/or a driver’s history report for positions involving state travel.