1. Assists patients by providing clinical and business office assistance in health care provider clinics.
2. Prepares patients for the health care visit by directing and/or accompanying them to the examining room; providing examination gowns and drapes; arranging examining room instruments, supplies, and equipment.
3. Verifies patient information by reviewing and recording medical history; taking vital signs; confirming purpose of visit or treatment.
4. Disposing of contaminated supplies and sterilizing medical instruments
5. Educates patients by providing medication and diet information and instructions; answering questions.
6. Completes records by recording patient examination, treatment, and test results.
7. Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
8. Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
9. Serves and protects the physician or health care provider practice by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements
10. Performs other duties as required or assigned that are reasonably within the scope of duties enumerated above.